Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Bootstrap 4 almost beta?

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 05:50 PM by skunkbad.)

I've been following development of Bootstrap 4 for a long time, and the beta milestone is at 99%! I'm guilty of using the alpha v6 version for a couple of personal projects, and I'm really enjoying it.

Milestones:
https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/milestones

At this rate, it could be a couple years before it's production ready, but it looks like progress is being made.

I have been really looking forward to this too, for what seems like years now. Still using bootstrap 3, which is pretty great IMHO, but some of the bootstrap 4 stuff looks really useful.

We're using the BS4 alpha 6 for backend admin production systems (I'm coding in it right now) - and - I love it. The way to construct things is so much easier and consistent, it is very handy.

The only issues we've had was the modal popup issue where it errors out and stops working (due to an incorrect sequence of events firing off, we think) - we've worked around this issue by better controls over the modals (and restrictions on when/how to implement them).

I've even got a client who's using this for their upcoming production cart/checkout process (and they're testing the living daylights out of it, so far, works flawlessly for us across all browsers/mobile devices)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB