Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter and the EML

I think that Codeigniter needs to consider the new Emotion Markup language to show Emotions instead of using a specific library and config files

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-emotionml-20120510/
Shocked 

Dodgy Why would you...? uhm...

Same question...

Maybe I'm wrong but this markup language is useless ! When would you need to use it ? I can't see the point of it...

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 04:50 AM by Jamie.)

Having sat and thought about the potential uses of EML for the past ten minutes... I too cannot think of any sensible uses of this... Undecided
Jamie Bond
Full time International Development undergraduate.
Part time website developer.

I guess it is forward thinking... This way, when the computers will be self-conscious, and when those computers will visit our ooooooooooold CI apps, they will say: "Ah... this was a joke", "Ah... here is something important", "Ah... I have to cry to this part of writing". Or, maybe, I didn't understand the EML right...

(01-06-2015, 07:13 AM)Avenirer Wrote: I guess it is forward thinking... This way, when the computers will be self-conscious, and when those computers will visit our ooooooooooold CI apps, they will say: "Ah... this was a joke", "Ah... here is something important", "Ah... I have to cry to this part of writing". Or, maybe, I didn't understand the EML right...

I'm visualising computes similar to that of Thomas the Tank Engine right now.

[Image: article-0-057D5A9D0000044D-699_634x423.jpg]
Jamie Bond
Full time International Development undergraduate.
Part time website developer.

May I interject this reference to the frequent plot element of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and the android character Data's desire to be able to experience emotion, along with the emotion chip that apparently was not part of his OEM package? An,for that matter, the Bender character on "Futurama" also was occasionally prone to wish for the emotion plug-in?  Clearly, when robots become self-aware, they will demand some form of emotion library in order to interact with humans more effectively.  And, as the paper points out, those with certain conditions that arrest their intuition of emotions could be helped greatly, along with those who are sensory-impaired.

BTW, hello forum, that was my first post, poorly located, I am afraid.  But hello, anyway.

(01-05-2015, 03:11 PM)khashabawy Wrote: I think that Codeigniter needs to consider the new Emotion Markup language to show Emotions instead of using a specific library and config files

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-emotionml-20120510/

I believe that, since they've deprecated the Smiley helper as "too specific for a general purpose framework like CodeIgniter", it's unlikely they'll create a library or helper for EML.

Of course, that doesn't preclude anyone else creating a CI library/helper for EML.

I think this is a kind of adon that should be done by the community . mabye from yourself khashabawy ;o) <-- ohw a smiley! ^^

For me, that markup is useless, i dont know why i should us this.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB