Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter’s server DNS address could not be found

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2017, 10:08 AM by richarddunnebsc. Edit Reason: Resolved )

I downloaded codeigniter, extracted the folder and copied it to CodeIgniter folder in c:/wamp64/www/CodeIgniter.  It appears in localhost projects after a refresh.  However when I open it I get the error 
codeigniter's server DNS address could not be found.  
I have restarted DNS to no affect.  I checked the codeigniter website and it doesn't mention DNS configuration when installing.  Any help is appreciated.
Resolved. Can't remember where the setting is, either in Apache or CodeIgniter, to do DNS look ups. It was set to FALSE, I changed it the TRUE, refreshed wampserver and as luck would have it...

I think wamp maybe similar to that of xamp in which I used before on my window laptop a while ago. IT must be the way you set it up
on the virtualhost file under apache2 dir.

you can have your dns name locally set under hosts file of windows. Open it up and add like
127.0.0.1 yourtest.com

They did have a problem with wamp64 not sure if it's been fixed now!
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Wamp don't want you too have your site under http://localhost/ so they remove that part of the URL. You should add your own virtualhost instead.

1. Press "Add a Virtual Host".
2. "Name of the Virtual Host No diacritical characters (éçëñ) - No space - No underscore(_)"
example.com
3. "Complete absolute path of the VirtualHost folder Examples: C:/wamp/www/projet/ or E:/www/site1/"
c:/wamp64/www/CodeIgniter

Now rightclick on the Wamp icon => Tools => Restart DNS

But if you really want http://localhost/ added to "Your Projects".
Rightclick on the Wamp icon  => Wamp Settings => Add localhost in url (Caustion: Risky! Only for experts)

Mostly Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 users unable to access some websites and an error "dns address could not be found"appear on them. But this happen only a few websites, not every website. Way 1: Clear host cache Open private tab and in the URL bar write chrome://net-internals/#dns then you will see the clear host cache button and click on it. Way 2: Update the DNS.

@Amberasma,

That has nothing to do with it, on Windows it setups in the configuration
to use a Windows IIS server on port 80 so it needs to be turned of.

Information Services IIS
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Yes, it is absolutely true. I am also facing this type of issue. I don't know why there are so many complexities in every upgrade any company made in their software or products. Tech is meant to be simple and helpful but what I have realised is that it is getting more and more complex. That is why forums are made where we can easily find answers related to our issues.

(03-24-2018, 03:56 PM)Amberasma Wrote: Mostly Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 users unable to access some websites and an error "dns address could not be found"appear on them. But this happen only a few websites, not every website. Way 1: Clear host cache Open private tab and in the URL bar write chrome://net-internals/#dns then you will see the clear host cache button and click on it. Way 2: Update the DNS.

Thanks for your reply, It really help to fix my issue
Shopify Experts - CartCoders

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB