Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Had enough with shared server, moving to Linode. Any advise?

I have had enough with shared servers. They are a pain in ass now. Everytime traffic increases, the site gets poor in performance. Each time I have to upgrade my account. I am now thinking of moving to Linode because it has scalable servers. My website is built on Codeigniter 3. I have tried optimizing the performance of the website, so that's not the problem here.. What do you guys suggest? Should I move to Linode or would you guys advise against it?

(10-31-2017, 09:01 AM)codevil Wrote: I have had enough with shared servers. They are a pain in ass now. Everytime traffic increases, the site gets poor in performance. Each time I have to upgrade my account. I am now thinking of moving to Linode because it has scalable servers. My website is built on Codeigniter 3. I have tried optimizing the performance of the website, so that's not the problem here.. What do you guys suggest? Should I move to Linode or would you guys advise against it?

country?

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 01:15 PM by skunkbad.)

What hosts have you tried for shared hosting? I don't have any to recommend, but I think it would be interesting to see your list.

You get what you pay for. I've been using this for years:

https://www.mddhosting.com/premium.php

All hosts have problems. I've used a lot of hosts, and that's the one I like the best.

Good shared hosting will always cost a lot. I think if you take a vps with any big player(Linode, OVH, Digital Ocean etc.) you will be good.

(10-31-2017, 09:01 AM)codevil Wrote: I have had enough with shared servers. They are a pain in ass now. Everytime traffic increases, the site gets poor in performance. Each time I have to upgrade my account. I am now thinking of moving to Linode because it has scalable servers. My website is built on Codeigniter 3. I have tried optimizing the performance of the website, so that's not the problem here.. What do you guys suggest? Should I move to Linode or would you guys advise against it?

Move on to Linode and be happy with ISPConfig.

Guys!
I have moved from web hosting to office/home own server. Regular PC and stable Internet link and power - that is all.
Stable OS, virtualization technologies, total control on your web application and so on gives you big benefits before paid hosting/VPS.
I can build home/office server for you and teach how to maintain it. My services is not expensive. If need emergency help I will help remotely. E-mail me privately or here.

(10-31-2017, 09:38 AM)Paradinight Wrote:

country?

UK

(10-31-2017, 01:11 PM)skunkbad Wrote: What hosts have you tried for shared hosting? I don't have any to recommend, but I think it would be interesting to see your list.

You get what you pay for. I've been using this for years:

https://www.mddhosting.com/premium.php

All hosts have problems. I've used a lot of hosts, and that's the one I like the best.

Bluehost, though I have also used Siteground

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB