Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
error while running install.sql in community auth

I don't know about the AWS RDS.

I always use database sessions, but for file based sessions, anywhere inside your application directory is a good place.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2018, 01:43 AM by richb201.)

I went back to putting Community Auth in my code. I am again having a problem with the table called "users" when running create_user. I have tracked the problem down to Form_validation.php. Just to remind you, I changed the sql script to create a community auth table called users2 instead of users and also put this line in my config/db_tables

// USER RELATED TABLES
$config['user_table']                   = 'users2';

Yet, when executing the validation routine, _execute, and running this line:

$this->_execute($row, $row['rules'], $row['postdata']);

$row['rules] is "is_unique[users.username]" . Shouldn't this be users2.username ??

I narrowed this down to the validation_rules in Examples.php
'field'  => 'email',
'label'  => 'email',
'rules'  => 'trim|required|valid_email|is_unique[' . db_table('user_table') . '.email]',   <<<this line
'errors' => [
  'is_unique' => 'Email address already in use.'
]

.db_table('user_table') is inserting 'users' instead of 'users2". why would this be if $config['user_table'] is being set to 'users2'? Is there any additional configuration I need to do? 
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

(06-16-2018, 12:55 AM)richb201 Wrote: I went back to putting Community Auth in my code. I am again having a problem with the table called "users" when running create_user. I have tracked the problem down to Form_validation.php. Just to remind you, I changed the sql script to create a community auth table called users2 instead of users and also put this line in my config/db_tables

// USER RELATED TABLES
$config['user_table']                   = 'users2';

Yet, when executing the validation routine, _execute, and running this line:

$this->_execute($row, $row['rules'], $row['postdata']);

$row['rules] is "is_unique[users.username]" . Shouldn't this be users2.username ??

I narrowed this down to the validation_rules in Examples.php
'field'  => 'email',
'label'  => 'email',
'rules'  => 'trim|required|valid_email|is_unique[' . db_table('user_table') . '.email]',   <<<this line
'errors' => [
  'is_unique' => 'Email address already in use.'
]

.db_table('user_table') is inserting 'users' instead of 'users2". why would this be if $config['user_table'] is being set to 'users2'? Is there any additional configuration I need to do? 

My guess is that you've somehow botched the install.

Remember, this is the same exact error from the first install if you look at the start of this post. If I botched it twice the same exact way, that would be a huge coincidence. Have you tested changing $config[user_table] to another table name? I guess I can go back and change my own code to use another name (in dozens of places) for 'users'. Has anyone else had this error?

(06-16-2018, 08:55 AM)richb201 Wrote: Remember, this is the same exact error from the first install if you look at the start of this post. If I botched it twice the same exact way, that would be a huge coincidence. Have you tested changing  $config[user_table] to another table name? I guess I can go back and change my own code to use another name (in dozens of places) for 'users'. Has anyone else had this error?

Just now I changed my users table name to "uzers". Works just fine. I believe I told you before that if you provide a zip of your files + database dump I can find your problem. Might take a day or more, depending on my schedule, but in most cases once I get started I find your problem in a couple of minutes. I'll tell you what you did wrong, then you're on your way ....

If you're in the United States, give me a call during normal business hours. Check the timestamp of this post (now is a good time to call if you can). Contact info on my website. Link in footer.

Brian, thanks for the offer, but I am going to try a few more things on my side before I get to that point. It is time I clean up my code. I have a lot of extra controllers, views, and Models that need to be removed. So I will clean it up first and make sure it is still working.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2018, 04:13 PM by richb201.)

Hey Brian, I got Comm Auth going by changing the name of my own table to users_sub. Now I am trying to get login working but the instructs say to check the log, and if there is no log it is likely that cookies are not enabled. They are enabled but still no log.

I am getting pretty burnt on this whole exercise.  Message me you phone#. I''ll call you on Monday. I really need some help in getting Comm Auth going in a very basic way on my localhost.

(06-17-2018, 03:31 PM)richb201 Wrote: Hey Brian, I got Comm Auth going by changing the name of my own table to users_sub. Now I am trying to get login working but the instructs say to check the log, and if there is no log it is likely that cookies are not enabled. They are enabled but still no log.

I am getting pretty burnt on this whole exercise.  Message me you phone#. I''ll call you on Monday. I really need some help in getting Comm Auth going in a very basic way on my localhost.

I don't have messaging enabled here on this forum. Phone number is on my website, brianswebdesign.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB