Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI4 release date coming

(09-06-2018, 07:15 AM)albertleao Wrote: So you guys are suggesting creating tools that are codeigniter specific instead of using composer for packages that anyone can use?

Depends on your definition of a tool.

If it's a completely stand alone small component, like a library for 3rd party integration or maybe image manipulation or something similar, yeah, it'll be good to make it framework agnostic.

But if you extend CodeIgniter's core, or build more fleshed out product that will relay on CI framework core, it's obviously going to only work on CI.

And I'm sure there are already loads of framework agnostic libraries out there that would already work with CI too.

(09-06-2018, 07:15 AM)albertleao Wrote: So you guys are suggesting creating tools that are codeigniter specific instead of using composer for packages that anyone can use?

I use composer packages which are framework agnostic all the time a few examples include:

league/climate
matthiasbayer/datadog-client
mtdowling/cron-expression
zordius/lightncandy
adldap/adldap

I will then write a CodeIgniter wrapper library which loads the CodeIgniter style config settings and does a little bootstrapping.
Then I composer in the package(s) as part of my wrapper library install

Don Myers

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB