Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
server error 500

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 12:46 PM by richb201.)

Well CI is shoving a slew of html data into my buffer (before I add my stuff to to it) and it is causing the server to go crazy and give a server 500 error. It was a bear to find this, but now that I know the problem, how do I solve it? I am using XMLHttp to do this communication but I am wondering if that is the problem? Is there some way I can view the output buffer before it goes out from the output command? 

Any ideas of what to do?
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

There is a problem in your .htaccess file check it

Thanks. I am trying to get Wireshark setup to decrypt my SSL so I can see what is wrong with the headers. I'll let you guys know if it is a CI bug.

It's not a CI bug that's for sure.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I agree with you! At some point the apache is going into an error state. I have wireshark on it trying to see what is the last thing that happens before it goes that way.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2018, 08:14 AM by richb201.)

OK. Finally made some progress. I am debugging on the remote server with phpStorm. In index.php there is a line:

$system_path = 'system';

When I look at system (under the debugger) it is pointing at c:\xmapp\htdocs\sub_crud\system. Shouldn't this be pointing at a location on the remote server? a few lines down I see

$system_path = $_temp.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; which is c:\xampp\htdocs\sub_crud\system

a few lines below that I see that BASEPATH is getting defined as $system_path.

So the bottom line is that my code on the remote server is trying to use the system on my local hard drive. How do I fix this? 

I modified $system_path='\opt\bitnami\apache2\htdocs\sub_crud\system';

but now I get
PHP Code:
    if ( ! is_dir($system_path))
    {

header('HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable.'TRUE503);
        echo 
'Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly. Please open the following file and correct this: '.pathinfo(__FILE__PATHINFO_BASENAME);
        exit(
3); // EXIT_CONFIG

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 05:20 PM by richb201.)

Well, I think I might have found the problem. Seems that there was an Apache bug where "junk" was being written into stdout.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revisi...on=1621602

I am running Apache 2.4.33. I wonder if this was ever patched on my version? How can I determine if this is the actual problem?

This guys problem seems pretty much like mine.

https://serverfault.com/questions/650309...or-message

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB