Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CIA3: How to turn the Debug Toolbar back on?

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for any help with this...

How do I turn on the wonderful Debug Toolbar in CodeIgniter 4 Alpha3?

Moo

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

CodeIgniter 4 Users Guide - Debug Toolbar
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(12-01-2018, 05:32 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: CodeIgniter 4 Users Guide - Debug Toolbar

Yes I read the documentation before posting... and that's the problem, I can't find where to switch on the DEV environment that actually seems to have the desired effect.

The docs say:
"The toolbar is enabled by default in any environment except production. It will be shown whenever the constant CI_DEBUG is defined and it’s value is positive. This is defined in the boot files (i.e. application/Config/Boot/development.php) and can be modified there to determine what environments it shows itself in."

- the App.php file comments mentions CI_DEBUG, but not where it is set (this, I hope, will be enhanced in due course).
- I checked, and the application/Config/Filters->globals['after'] DOES include 'toolbar'
- I followed the directions at https://codeigniter4.github.io/CodeIgnit...nvironment by setting both CI_ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENT there to 'development'; The docs tell us that .env vars should override other vars...

In other words, I've read all the places in the docs I can find that mention the Debug toolbar, switching it on, and setting the ENVIRONMENT value, and I still cannot get the Debug Toolbar to display, which I really enjoyed using in CI4 Alpha 1.

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

public/.htaccess:6

set CI_ENV in config of webserver, because default of CI4 is production.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018, 08:25 AM by puschie. Edit Reason: added RP links )

currently there are two bugs that prevent the toolbar from showing up
-> first RP (#1588), second RP (#1589)

I confirm that this is an issue. I spend two hour today trying to make the Debug Toolbar shown in the "framework" repo without a success.

It must be an easy way to switch between "development" and "production".

Code:
## root where index.php is located ( .htaccess file ) add to the top,
## and un-remark the one you want to use.

SetEnv CI_ENVIRONMENT development
# SetEnv CI_ENVIRONMENT production
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

@InsiteFX thank you! It works.

This hint must be added in the docs.

(12-12-2018, 05:52 AM)PopovMP Wrote: @InsiteFX thank you! It works.

This hint must be added in the docs.

Good suggestion ... a note has been added to the configuration page, and it will show up soon.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB