Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Where do I learn about CodeIgniter core (I mean the 'system' folder)?

Hey,

I'm wondering if there is any documentation about CI core itself. Any information architecture, flowcharts or something that gives a glimpse of how the CI works under the hood.

Thanks

The closest thing is the application flow chart in the user guide.There was talk, a few years back, of building a more formal writeup on the CodeIgniter internals. That effort fizzled, from lack of available manpower. The driving file is system/core/CodeIgniter.php.

CodeIgniter 4, for all of its relatve richness, has a similar problem.  The core service mechanism is described in the user guide, and Lonnie Ezell has written a number of blog posts which would be relevant, but there is no architecture document. The driving file is system/CodeIgniter.php.

(03-01-2019, 01:31 AM)ciadmin Wrote: The closest thing is the application flow chart in the user guide.There was talk, a few years back, of building a more formal writeup on the CodeIgniter internals. That effort fizzled, from lack of available manpower. The driving file is system/core/CodeIgniter.php.

CodeIgniter 4, for all of its relatve richness, has a similar problem.  The core service mechanism is described in the user guide, and Lonnie Ezell has written a number of blog posts which would be relevant, but there is no architecture document. The driving file is system/CodeIgniter.php.

Thank you. Too bad that there's nothing out there.

I found the best way was to sit down and go through the CodeIgniter core code.
There are lots of little hidden gems in the code.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB