Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multi Language Project
Question 

Hello dear community.

I have started a new, private project and am now at the point where I just do not know how to continue.

It's about translations.
I have meticulously ensured that everything in my project is written in English (even if that is not my mother tongue).

The standard translations from the libraries are not a problem, which I got translated quickly. Translating the other texts is not a problem either, just how I can then integrate them in the project, so I'm having my difficulties.

I do not want to have a ready-made solution presented here, but I could use one or the other approach.

I intend to have a drop-down menu in the header bar where you can choose the language.

Since there is also a login area, I want the users to be able to set their language in the profile, which is then automatically called up with the login.

The default language is English, but how can I change it dynamically?

I know well that I also need language files that I fill with keywords and deposit corresponding texts.

About suggestions, I would be very grateful.

And besides: Happy EasterWink

Your Kighlander

PS: Translated with Google  Big Grin

Maybe this will help you out.

Avenir - Step 7 – Using the language files for a multi-language site in CodeIgniter
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Building a multilingual website is not as difficult as I thought. I have only one problem left:
I have a few javascript files, where I would like to exchange the appropriate posts, depending on the language. Is there a way?

(06-01-2019, 12:14 AM)Codinglander Wrote: Building a multilingual website is not as difficult as I thought. I have only one problem left:
I have a few javascript files, where I would like to exchange the appropriate posts, depending on the language. Is there a way?

Hello there.

I guess you can even do this by Jquery / Ajax.

According to the selected language you can run an Ajax going to a diferent Controller ?

If you type "Codeigniter Ajax" you will find lots of tutorials on YouTube.. This one might give you a nice understanding

Search results on jQuery language files

jQuery language files
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB