Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Another library(driver) to manage the database ?!
Question 

Hello all !
If sorry for my bad english  Angel

In general, my questions are this:
1) Will there be PDO support in CI4, and where can I read about it?

2) Can I use another library (driver) to manage databases,
for example: "RedBeanPHP" and how can I integrate it into CI4,
will it be right to connect it to App\Libraries\?

Special thanks to the CI4 development team  Heart Heart Heart

And one more small inconvenience:
The new theme "starts" with the 2nd attempt... or am I doing something wrong ?!

There will be PDO support, if someone in the community steps up to port the driver for CI4 Undecided
app/Libraries looks like a good place for a different driver. However, if that driver follows the lines of our existing drivers, then it might fit into app/Database/Handlers/RedBean

Re your inconvenience ... what "theme" are you referring to. Your reference is unclear. If it pertains to something other than database management, it might be less confusing in a different thread.

(05-08-2019, 01:30 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Re your inconvenience ... what "theme" are you referring to. Your reference is unclear. If it pertains to something other than database management, it might be less confusing in a different thread.

When I create a new topic on your forum and click the "Post" button, it writes to me that the topic has been successfully created and immediately redirects to the main forum thread, but my topic is not there ... that's what I wanted to say about that "inconvenience".

(05-08-2019, 01:30 PM)ciadmin Wrote: There will be PDO support, if someone in the community steps up to port the driver for CI4 Undecided
app/Libraries looks like a good place for a different driver. However, if that driver follows the lines of our existing drivers, then it might fit into app/Database/Handlers/RedBean

Can I help with the integration of RedBeanPHP, or can I just have patience and wait for it to happen?

P.S.: I have a lot of free time  Big Grin

1) You certainly can help with a RedBean driver Smile It would be similar to the system\Database\Handlers already there, but obviously tailored to RedBean. The idea is to implement the interfaces in system\Database.

Looking into RedBean a bit, it looks more like an ORM, and I don't know how good of a fit that would be. We are not trying to build any ORM into CI at this time - the topic is way too opinionated for rational discussion (see some of the other threads, hehe). If RedBean does not fit the CI database mold, then it could always be implemented as an addin, separate from the framework.

2) New users have their first few posts moderated, which is why they don't show up automatically. This is an anti-spam measure, sadly proven necessary almost every day.

(05-08-2019, 05:30 PM)ciadmin Wrote: 1) You certainly can help with a RedBean driver Smile It would be similar to the system\Database\Handlers already there, but obviously tailored to RedBean. The idea is to implement the interfaces in system\Database.

Looking into RedBean a bit, it looks more like an ORM, and I don't know how good of a fit that would be. We are not trying to build any ORM into CI at this time - the topic is way too opinionated for rational discussion (see some of the other threads, hehe). If RedBean does not fit the CI database mold, then it could always be implemented as an addin, separate from the framework.

2) New users have their first few posts moderated, which is why they don't show up automatically. This is an anti-spam measure, sadly proven necessary almost every day.

Well, I will try to do it in the near future and if I succeed, then I will accomplish my goal in this topic ! Blush

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB