Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Connecting an external CI app on CPanel to Google Cloud Platform.

Hey all,

I am working on a CI project that is using a SQL database (DB) hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for a client. It's being used for testing, so, I have attempted to make the connection as an external app in GCP. When connecting to the online website address for the CI app, an error occurs. It states, "Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings." I was wondering if anyone here has experience in connecting CI 2.X to GCP that might be willing to tell me their process, just in case there's something crucial I am missing to make this connection work. 

Here is what I have done:

1. I've added the CPanel IP address as an external app in GCP so, that Test can connect using the GCP public IP address.
2. I created a user on GCP, SQL DB that can connect too any DB hosted.
3. I've set the host name, data base name, user name and password in the config file for the database in the CI test app. 
4. Testing the connection: I navigate to the test page url in a browser and it displays an error, "Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings."
Thanks for your time.[Image: 0?ui=2&ik=2ebbd25ed7&attid=0.1&permmsgid..._jvg4ywlf0]

Regards,

CIMY

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB