Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: What's your preferred front-end tech for pre-built backend systems?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
None - just reload the page
12.07%
7 12.07%
jQuery still rocks my world
41.38%
24 41.38%
React.js
12.07%
7 12.07%
Vue.js
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bonfire: favorite frontend tech?

The only thing I would say with vuejs and other reactive js frameworks having worked with it a lot is, it sometimes confusing trying to integrate it with existing jqueryui components, to get around this I'd opt for pulling premade vuejs components that do the same job.

https://vuejsexamples.com/

or the full ui stack

https://vuetifyjs.com/
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

The only thing I would say with reactjs frameworks. reactjs components is cool.

https://reactjsexample.com/

You might want to consider Angular: to build a complete application, I'd think it's the best framework as it comes with all what's needed included (routing, etc) when Vue.js and React need extra component to be on the same level.
Have a read at what an expert says.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 01:47 AM by jreklund.)

Love the idea of a bonfire for ci4. I have been using bonfire for 5+ years and now use it (v0.84 my own updates) with ci3.11 with no problems on php 7.2 & 7.3. see **redacted** for my most complex project
Just spent the last few days reviewing ci4 with a view to using it for my next project, however, as it currently lacks the bonfire bits that make my life easy, I am not sure I want/able to port it over, my php skills would mean that much of the benefit of ci4's new refactored way (namespaces etc) of doing things would likely get messed up.
Interested in the front end question you pose - I have updated the jQuery to 3.3.1 and bootstrap to 4.2.1 bits as and when needed.
Learning new bits is fun but impacts productivity in the short term.
Any idea on when this might see the light of day?

(04-12-2020, 01:45 AM)robkampen Wrote: Love the idea of a bonfire for ci4. I have been using bonfire for 5+ years and now use it (v0.84 my own updates) with ci3.11 with no problems on php 7.2 & 7.3. see **redacted** for my most complex project
Just spent the last few days reviewing ci4 with a view to using it for my next project, however, as it currently lacks the bonfire bits that make my life easy, I am not sure I want/able to port it over, my php skills would mean that much of the benefit of ci4's new refactored way (namespaces etc) of doing things would likely get messed up.
Interested in the front end question you pose - I have updated the jQuery to 3.3.1 and bootstrap to 4.2.1 bits as and when needed.
Learning new bits is fun but impacts productivity in the short term.
Any idea on when this might see the light of day?

Hi Rob, I am new to the forum and just looking for some advice. I thought bonfire only supported upto ci3.06, what did yo have to do to allow you upgrade to ci3.11?   I have source code written can ci2.2, i have been looking at the upgrade path to 3.06 but interested to understand how i would get to ci3.11

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB