Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Marvellous. I do think adding a session lib to backend pro that allows you save to the database would be a great addition. I use OBSession which has flash data and session regeneration etc etc.

Thanks for the info and assistance by the way!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
That's OK, as said it is on my list of things to do and this is only an alpha. I haven't implemented the Utilities section yet either.

So lots to look forward to. Please do say if you find something hard to understand or something broken. I already know of the following things:

* Disabling a user group has no effect (it should stop the group being assigned to a user)
* There may be a slight issue when caching asset css files, for some reason some css rules are ignored (may just be my test setup + browser)
* If you don't remove the install dir, the 'remove install dir' message can get 'spammed' to you on certain pages 'namely the Advanced View for Access Control'
* The Profiler doesn't display very well in the control panel due to the layout

Utilities? What will that include? Sounds good though.

I'm looking forward to a stable release. I will build the app i'm working on into it and see if i can't use matchbox to restructure it all.

Should be fun...

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
One major part of the utilities will be log file management. I know with other sites that the CI log_message thing is good but you have to remember to check the files. So I want a built in area which you can check out error messages created. Maybe even some kind of live feed to keep you up to date on errors. Since most the time your websites users will find them and not tell you about them.

Not really sure about stable release, specially since I just released this alpha last night.

Do tell me how you get on? I'm interested to know if I have explained bits enough, (I know how it all works but I want others to be able to use is as well as I can).

It all seems fine to me, as i haven't used matchbox before i think that is going to be what i need to go over first. Once i get that worked out i'll be able to give you feedback on backendpro.

I've got a lot on so it wont be instant but i'll let you know as soon as i have something to say!

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
This looks brilliant, give me a shout if you need help developing, im always here.

[eluser]MrEnirO[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1207597194"]One major part of the utilities will be log file management. I know with other sites that the CI log_message thing is good but you have to remember to check the files. So I want a built in area which you can check out error messages created. Maybe even some kind of live feed to keep you up to date on errors. Since most the time your websites users will find them and not tell you about them.[/quote]

Sounds great and would be really handy.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Edit: Nevermind, problem resolved

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Just to let people know thanks to Miguel Pinto BackendPro is now available in Portuguese. Please visit the BackendPro Google Code Download section to get it.

[eluser]zknight[/eluser]
I am the Control Panel admin for my own site, so I only need to use BeP for Auto user registration/authentication.
I believe I can use is_user() for all my checks to display content. Is there a function call to return the User ID from the is_user() or similar function so I can use it to lookup related data. Many thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB