Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
$_FILES Array getting empty when using $this->form_validation->run()

$lastid = $this->db->insert_id();

this returns 0

When I use $result its working but getting the value -1

Means if the last inserted id is 12, I'm getting 11 in the result variable.

Probably you deleted one of the records before. So, if you are in a development period please go to phpmyadmin and clear the datas in the table. Then go to the Settings sections (top menu of phpmyadmin) and set AUTO_INCREMENT as 0, in order to start from 1, then try posting the form again.

(If I'm not wrong Auto_INCREMENET will be 0 for the start. If not, then insert 1 Smile )

The second option:  you can add+1 to your id within your php codes. But I'd go with the first one.

(06-12-2019, 01:45 AM)demyr Wrote: Probably you deleted one of the records before. So, if you are in a development period please go to phpmyadmin and clear the datas in the table. Then go to the Settings sections (top menu of phpmyadmin) and set AUTO_INCREMENT as 0, in order to start from 1, then try posting the form again.

(If I'm not wrong Auto_INCREMENET will be 0 for the start. If not, then insert 1 Smile )

The second option:  you can add+1 to your id within your php codes. But I'd go with the first one.

Finally I got The issue is with the database operations.

property_images table has fields - id,path,propertyid

propertyid is the last inserted id form the first query(Insert property details). But when i use the id to insert property images its not working.

I tried the propertyid as simply value then its working, When i use the propertyid as last inserted id which return after inserting the property details is not working.

Model

PHP Code:
function addNewProperty($propertyInfo)

{

$this->db->trans_start();

$this->db->insert('tbl_properties'$propertyInfo);

$insert_id $this->db->insert_id();

$this->db->trans_complete();

return $insert_id;

}

function addPropertyImgs($propertyImgs)

{

$this->db->insert('tbl_property_images'$propertyImgs);

//return $insert_id;

Here Everything got worked, Expect the insertion of images into table. When I use the $result to propertyid to insert the property images its not working also it break the file upload process also.

If I give the value anything instead of $result variable. its working.

PHP Code:
<?php if(!defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed');

/**
 * Class : Login (LoginController)
 * Login class to control to authenticate user credentials and starts user's session.
 * @author : Kishor Mali
 * @version : 1.1
 * @since : 15 November 2016
 */
class Home extends CI_Controller
{

/**
     * This is default constructor of the class
     */

public function __construct()

{

parent::__construct();

$this->load->model('property_model');

}

/**
     * Index Page for this controller.
     */

public function index()

{

$data = array('title'=> 'Vierra Property Broker''main_content'=>'home');

$this->load->view('template'$data);

}

/**
     * Loaading the submit property form.
     */

public function listProperty()

{

$data = array('title'=> 'Vierra Property Broker - Submit your Property''main_content'=>'submit_property');

$this->load->view('template'$data);

}

function addProperty()

{

$this->load->library('form_validation');

//$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_title','Villa Title','trim|required|max_length[128]');

// $this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_status','Status','trim|required');

//$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_type','Type','trim|required');

//$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_price','Price','trim|required|numeric');

//$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_sqft','Sqft','trim|required|numeric');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_rooms','Rooms','trim|required|numeric');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_address','Address','trim|required|max_length[200]');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_owner_phone','Mobile Number','required|min_length[10]');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_owner_name','Owner Name','required|min_length[5]');

$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_owner_email','Owner Email','required|valid_email');

//$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_detailed_info','Detailed Info','trim|required|max_length[2000]');

//$this->form_validation->set_rules('prop_status','Current Status','trim|required');

if($this->form_validation->run())

{

$prop_title ucwords(strtolower($this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_title'))));

$prop_status ucwords(strtolower($this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_status'))));

$prop_type ucwords(strtolower($this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_type'))));

$prop_price $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_price'));

$prop_sqft $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_sqft'));

$prop_rooms $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_rooms'));

$prop_address $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_address'));

$prop_owner_name $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_owner_name'));

$prop_owner_email $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_owner_email'));

$prop_owner_phone $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_owner_phone'));

$prop_detailed_info $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_detailed_info'));

$prop_current_status $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('prop_current_status'));

//$userInfo = array('email'=>$email, 'password'=>getHashedPassword($password), 'roleId'=>$roleId, 'name'=> $name,

//'mobile'=>$mobile, 'createdBy'=>$this->vendorId, 'createdDtm'=>date('Y-m-d H:i:s'));

$propertyInfo = array('title'=>$prop_title'status'=>$prop_status'type'=>$prop_type'price'=>$prop_price,

'sqft'=>$prop_sqft'rooms'=>$prop_rooms'address'=>$prop_address'name'=>$prop_owner_name,

'email'=>$prop_owner_email'phone'=>$prop_owner_phone'detailedInfo'=>$prop_detailed_info,

'currentStatus'=>$prop_current_status);

$result $this->property_model->addNewProperty($propertyInfo);

}

if($result 0)

{

//$propertyImgUpload = uploadImages($result);

$this->session->set_flashdata('success''Thank you for submiting your property with us!, Our team will contact you shortly');

}

else

{

$this->session->set_flashdata('error''Submission of property failed, Contact [email protected]');

}

if (!empty($_FILES)) {

$is_image "Yes There is Image!";

$count_img count($_FILES['file']['name']);

foreach($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'] as $key => $value) {

$tempFile $_FILES['file']['tmp_name'][$key];

$fileName $_FILES['file']['name'][$key];

$targetPath 'property-images/';

$targetFile $targetPath $fileName ;

//$this->load->model('user_model');

$imgData = array('path'=>$targetFile,'propertyid'=>$result);

if(move_uploaded_file($tempFile$targetFile))

{

$this->property_model->addPropertyImgs($imgData);

}

}

}

redirect('/submit-property');

}

}

function 
check_captcha()
{

if(isset($_POST['g-recaptcha-response']) && !empty($_POST['g-recaptcha-response'])){

$gCaptcha $_POST['g-recaptcha-response'];

// Google reCAPTCHA API secret key

$secretKey '6LekZagUAAAAALlguY5sjircXO6Adre6BDDHQWV_';

// Verify the reCAPTCHA response

$verifyResponse file_get_contents('https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify?secret='.$secretKey.'&response='.$gCaptcha);

// Decode json data

$responseData json_decode($verifyResponse);

print_r($responseData);

}
else {
//$this->load->view('upload_index');

}

}

?>

Expect this everything working fine now,

PHP Code:
$imgData = array('path'=>$targetFile,'propertyid'=>$result);

$this->property_model->addPropertyImgs($imgData); 

The everything work if I change $result to simply any value. But I need the reference of the property to insert images.

Hey again.

Take this part out of your codes: 
Code:
 if($result > 0)

{

//$propertyImgUpload = uploadImages($result);
                  $this->session->set_flashdata('success', 'Thank you for submiting your property with us!, Our team will contact you shortly');
              }
              else
              {
                  $this->session->set_flashdata('error', 'Submission of property failed, Contact [email protected]');
              }

And add $result= here, just before the $this->property_model->addPropertyImgs($imgData);

Code:
if(move_uploaded_file($tempFile, $targetFile))
               {

$result = $this->property_model->addPropertyImgs($imgData);

}

and then run checking 

Code:
if($result)

{

//$propertyImgUpload = uploadImages($result);
                  $this->session->set_flashdata('success', 'Thank you for submiting your property with us!, Our team will contact you shortly');
              }
              else
              {
                  $this->session->set_flashdata('error', 'Submission of property failed, Contact [email protected]');
              }

In short, 2 $result variables will check for the same result.

What's the value and the type of the variable $inserted_id.
Chage your function into your model:

PHP Code:

{

var_dump($insert_id);
die();

post the result

(06-12-2019, 03:37 AM)hc-innov Wrote: What's the value and the type of the variable $inserted_id.

PHP Code:

{

var_dump($insert_id);
die();

post the result
Its integer value.

is it the right value (the right id inserted and not 0) ?

(06-12-2019, 03:48 AM)sarath_unrelax Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 03:37 AM)hc-innov Wrote: What's the value and the type of the variable $inserted_id.

PHP Code:

{

var_dump($insert_id);
die();

post the result
Its integer value.