Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4 Logo

I feel the new design could be improved. The curves of the inner fire feel forced into a weird "wrench"/4 shape that is not natural.

If the design is still open to change, I'd be willing to sponsor a contest on 99designs to get some variants as alternatives.

(08-25-2019, 10:51 AM)searchy Wrote: I feel the new design could be improved. The curves of the inner fire feel forced into a weird "wrench"/4 shape that is not natural.

If the design is still open to change, I'd be willing to sponsor a contest on 99designs to get some variants as alternatives.

We're going to do something here soon.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 12:24 PM by Muzikant.)

I was playing with the shape of a flame. This could be the final version. I have prepared SVG and PNG files of all logo version.

[Image: codeigniter4-logo-proposition-3.png]

Original post has been updated, to address/request community feedback Smile

Great to hear! Thanks for opening the logo up for feedback Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2023, 12:23 PM by Muzikant.)

(07-20-2019, 07:46 AM)jlp Wrote: Guidelines:
- looking for logo only (text & font style are separate)
- recognizably "CodeIgniter", so maintaining the flame style somehow
- differentiated from earlier versions, eg by incorporating the digit "4"
- SVG format, so we can bundle it in the default app homepage, without triggering an additionl HTTP request
- similar ratio as existing logos (9:10 oe 1:1), so we can incorporate it into materials without design/CSS changes

Sometimes is logo "just a text" (look at Google logo). Logo does not mean only image (look at new Android logo, which is simple, clean and professional).

Original logo have ratio 155:200, not 9:10 or 1:1. Changing CSS should be done anyway. My proposition have ratio 11:16 or approximately 138:200 (similar to original) - download SVG file (less than 1 KB, shrinked and optimized by Scour utility).

[Image: codeigniter4-logo-flame.svg]

If there will be the poll, please add the original logo too. Thank you.

I would not do the logo with 4 in it because CodeIgniter version will change later on down the road.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

While I understand maintaining the old logo (with mild modifications), a new more sophisticated logo would go a long way in letting everyone know that CI has been modernized and is using the latest in PHP features and capabilities.

(08-26-2019, 02:39 PM)php_rocs Wrote: While I understand maintaining the old logo (with mild modifications), a new more sophisticated logo would go a long way in letting everyone know that CI has been modernized and is using the latest in PHP features and capabilities.

Yes, I also agree.

@InsiteFX Lonnie & I have talked about future versions, and we feel that CI4 has at least 5 years of life in it, before thinking about version 5. Unlike some frameworks, we do not intend to have major versions "of the year" ... if we did, we would have called it CI2016, er CI2017, er CI2019 ;P

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB