Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Connect to MySQL database using SSH

Hi!

Is it possible to connect to a MySQL database using SSH?  Couldn't seem to find any information about this online.  Thanks.

hello,
yeah of course. You have to connect to se the server which has the mysql server and then you can do what ever you want Smile

(09-30-2019, 10:41 PM)DanielAttard Wrote: Hi!

Is it possible to connect to a MySQL database using SSH?  Couldn't seem to find any information about this online.  Thanks.
If you read the answers given on stackoverflow, then I think you will understand your question.
I would change this world, but God doesn't give me the source.

Thanks for the stackoverflow link.  I've read the question and answers and I still don't know how to connect to MySQL using SSH.  The question you referenced has one downvote, so not particularly helpful.  I wish I could just find one good tutorial that explains how to establish an SSH connection from the database.php file.

Hi again ! Sorry I have not done this in my life, and since I'm from Russia it was easier for me to find the info in my native language... In General, digging a little deeper into this topic, I realized that we need some kind of program that creates a tunnel on port 3306 (this is a standard MySQL port), then you need to write a login and password from the database and try to connect through the usual function mysql_connect("localhost:3306", "user", " pass");

This program is name PuTTY

(10-02-2019, 04:57 AM)Digital_Wolf Wrote: Hi again ! Sorry I have not done this in my life, and since I'm from Russia it was easier for me to find the info in my native language... In General, digging a little deeper into this topic, I realized that we need some kind of program that creates a tunnel on port 3306 (this is a standard MySQL port), then you need to write a login and password from the database and try to connect through the usual function mysql_connect("localhost:3306", "user", " pass");

This program is name PuTTY
Hi Digital_Wolf - Thanks for your ideas.  I am familiar with PuTTY and have been using it for many years.  The problem, however, is that I need to connect to the MySQL database behind a firewall and I don't want to have to use PuTTY to get to through the firewall.

I managed to resolve my problem by updating the firewall rules to allow a connection over port 3306 to the required MySQL server.  The firewall I use is called IPCop.  Thanks for your help.

Not at all, glad to be of any help. As I said above, I did not use such systems, and I do not need it... I don't use other servers to have the same problems with the connection (setting up etc). As a whole I glad was than something help you !

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB