Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why did you make such a problem for CI4?

I'm sorry, but I'm don't understand, why did you put index.php and other files in /public directory by default? This make very many problems on virtual hosting!! In User Guide an Installation section you write - "Change settings in your web-server configuration and set root directory on /public folder", but the most virtual hostings do not permit this function! Developers, If you want to save by default this structure, then rewrite all section the User Guide about Installation at all !

Please ADD in User Manual this note: "On virtual hosting you must not copy /public folder whole. In your project root, you must copy all files FROM /public directory!!!!" And this note must will be add to all sections User Guide about Install Instructions.

Because it's cleaner and more secure.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

It's for security.

Every other major PHP structure is done the same way. There are thousands of tutorials out there that should help, and yes, even run as the main host on CPanel.

Mine is public_html and all I have to do is change public to public_html
and it runs just fine.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I’ve used all of the major hosting solutions I’m aware of and they all allow changing the served directory, at least for secondary hosts. You can set up a secondary and just ignore or redirect the primary, nothing lost.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB