Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can a text editor be integrated into the CodeIgniter Libraries?

(12-09-2019, 02:22 AM)qury Wrote: Hi,
Can you please explain what your software does?
To me it sounds like you have text files that are updated independently to your php program and you want to parse them and display the text in them in a specific order. Is that correct?

If so i would probably be a bit lazy and set up elasticsearch and logstash, where logstash would monitor and parse your files and load them into elastic search. Then you can build your front-end in CI to display and/or search the data from elasticsearch in whatever way you like.

No, your first paragraph is not correct. Everything is done in PHP & HTML.

I have created a simple textarea box from which users can send information. That works good and if the user inserts the paragraph symbol where there is a carriage return it works the way I want but it is not good practice to allow users to insert coding symbols, in fact I want to forbid that practice.

I need some PHP coding that will pick up the carriage return, and replace it with the paragraph symbol. Obviously the snippet of coding I put in this post doesn't pick up the carriage return. The text editor I first mentioned in this post will do that but PHP does not provide for the integration of other programs, which will probably include elasticsearch and logstash.

you could implement a WYSIWYG editor for your users like summernote, ckeditor, etc in that case your users would generate html code for you.

Also you could save their input in a database (even sqlite if you want a file based approach) and sort based on entry date or entry id.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 12:11 AM by christaliise.)

(12-09-2019, 10:14 AM)qury Wrote: you could implement a WYSIWYG editor for your users like summernote, ckeditor, etc in that case your users would generate html code for you.

Also you could save their input in a database (even sqlite if you want a file based approach) and sort based on entry date or entry id.

OK, thanks. One of those editors may be my answer. I need to do a lot of study. I'm also going to look into more deeply jreklund's suggestion of file_get_contents and file_put_contents.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB