Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Accessing "$request" and "validate" from another class

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 01:04 AM by webdevron.)

I have a subfolder inside controller app/Controller/AppManager. Inside it there is a class named "MediaManager.php" which is extended with use CodeIgniter\Controller;.

PHP Code:
<?php

namespace App\Controllers\AppManager;
use 
CodeIgniter\Controller;

class 
MediaManager extends Controller
{
    public function uploadFile(){
        $file $this->request->getFile('file');
        $fileRule = ['file' => 'uploaded[file]|max_size[file,20480]'];

if( ! $this->validate($fileRule) ) $ret = ['e''FAILED'$this->validator->listErrors()];
    }

Now the problem is, when ever I am going to upload a file, these errors are showing:
  • Call to a member function getFile() on null
  • Argument 1 passed to CodeIgniter\Validation\Validation::withRequest() must implement interface CodeIgniter\HTTP\RequestInterface, null given
How can I access the Request and Validation property in this class?
"Who thinks in code"
Perfectly describes who I am
mbparvez.me

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 05:01 AM by MGatner.)

Those libraries are initialized on the current routed controller during initController, so if you are loading the controller from somewhere else you will need to inject those libraries from the current controller. If you are extending that controller to access those methods it should work fine. Can you share your code that is trying to make the uploadFile() call?

See the CodeIgniter 4 User Guide.

Accessing the Request
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 02:23 PM by webdevron.)

(12-15-2019, 05:00 AM)MGatner Wrote: Those libraries are initialized on the current routed controller during initController, so if you are loading the controller from somewhere else you will need to inject those libraries from the current controller. If you are extending that controller to access those methods it should work fine. Can you share your code that is trying to make the uploadFile() call?

Those libraries are initialized on the current routed controller during initController - this was the main problem. Now I get it. Thank you.

(12-15-2019, 05:33 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: See the CodeIgniter 4 User Guide.

Accessing the Request

Thank you @InsiteFX. I read this part of the user guide just before posting the thread, but could not get it then. Now it is clear and solved my issue.
"Who thinks in code"
Perfectly describes who I am
mbparvez.me

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB