Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Update from 4.0.4 to 4.1.8

Hello
Is it possible to update from CI 4.0.4 to 4.1.8 directly?

Yes, you can. If you check the related page of CodeIgniter, you will see that most of the updates just require the replacement of the system folder. However, some versions might require additional file replacements under other folders. You can check them one by one if you have time, so that you can learn more in detail and you can catch up any change.

Hello.

I reply here instead of open a new post; I have the same issue but I want to update more than one project (11 I guess) and I'm updating the php's version too (from 7.2 to 8.1 just for knowledge).
I'm trying to update from 4.0.4 to 4.1.9 but doing this in a not-automatically way for so many projects is not possible for me.
Projects are still in development and upgrading php's version means a lot of test before deploy this updates in the production env.

For doing this in an automatically way, I tried https://github.com/tattersoftware/codeigniter4-patches but without any success. It partially works, but it fails when it start to merge configs file and I don't know why. Maybe I could try more than one upgrade for the same project, upgrading one version at the time, I don't know. Anyone had tried this project?
Any other advice or projects anyone can use o have used for upgrade CI version in an automatically way?

I can effort some issue to patch, or code to review or rewrite. Is not a big deal.
I'm only trying to find a way to update so many projects in the minor time possible and avoiding to doing this thing manually for the human error thing.

I can write something, on bash on git on php, on my own to effort this request, no problem, but I need some ideas and advices.

Thank you

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB