Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My replies got deleted

I am wondering what the policies are on posting a simple reply. First of all why is it that all my posts and replies need to be verified? Why is it that after waiting days i see my posts are beeing removed (even before they are approved or denied). And why don't i get any message explaining why?

The new user oolicy for our forum has new uswer posts vetted before approval. See https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-72549.html

if a new user'post violdate rhe rules, it nwill ot be approved.
If they don't expqeificlly break the rules, but collectively seem to be worng around them, they may not be approved.
without notice.

This msy deem draconism, but has proved effcytive.

Why? volunteer workforce a withlimied time availqble.

Feel free to disagree, or even better - show you are an effectice community member, and dive in to help with forum moderation!

It is hard to help when every comment - post I want to make needs verification. I can not believe that every reply I made to my discord post got deleted for breaking so called rules? I just wanted to communicate and spread my idea. Yet I could not even communicate on de decent level. Because every post was in pending for several days.

I can kind of understand this vetting procedure but ask yourself the following question "don't you believe that some people might leave the forums because of it?". Imagen you want to ask a question and it gets approved 6 hours later (mine was longer btw). Then someone reply's but the answer or question was not totaly what you needed. You then need to reply and wait another 6 hours.

I guess I would go search my answers elsewhere (stackoverflow for example).

It seems like codeigniter is working contraproductive in the way of attracting people to the platform. Go with the time and invest in the future. No discord - stil using IRC - vetting of people on a forum that needs to spread awareness of the system - ... .

You don't need very post verified - just those until you are no longer a newbie
Yes, it causes problems, and probably cost us some members, but the alernative is 20+ hours per week that wr don't have Sad

I can understand that keeping bots away or people with the spam is no fun. And i totaly agree that their needs to be some kind of safeguard towards that. But why not just have one board for new people where they can post freely and ask any kind of question. Once they have the required rank let them post everywhere. But this post approval thing is not the way it should be.

If I remember correctly didn't your posts get deleted after they had been made public? If I recall I read some of them...
Regarding the whole IRC/Discord thing, I don't know why you got recommended IRC. We are on Slack. Big Grin
https://codeigniter.com/en/community

If you readed some of my replies good. I still have had no response on the fact they got removed and why? I never said something to offend anyone. I was just explaining why codeigniter should move forward to the new mediums. And not stand still on the old ways. It are the developers of tommorow that need to find the system. Not the old developers who are allready using it.

The reason why Laravel is so big is because of it's community. But if you limit your community they move elsewhere. Innovations in communications should be followed. How would you look at a company that does not use email. Or a company without a website? Think about how yought look towards a framework that does not even have there favorite communication tool? And then I seen people use the argument (discord is for gamers). Wow thats the same people said about msn or skype when they launched. Yet skype is now the go to medium for companies to communicate internaly.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2020, 06:32 PM by mjamilasfihani.)

Just enjoy it and dont try to blame anything or anyone

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 11:55 PM by EricaDelgado.)

why not just have one board for new people where they can post mcdvoice survey freely and ask any kind of question. Imagine you want to ask a question and it gets approved 6 hours later

(03-06-2020, 09:27 AM)EricaDelgado Wrote: why not just have one board for new people where they can post freely and ask any kind of question. Imagine you want to ask a question and it gets approved 6 hours later

I'm afraid that's not possible at this time as 4 out of 5 messages are spam. Linking to other website and/or just bumping a topic to display their signature. Your open forum section would therefor drown in spam, until someone have time to clean it up. Now your post are pre-moderated and after X posts you can post freely in the forum.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB