Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Install WHM and CPanel in Apache2 Ubuntu

Hello, 
I dont know well about VPS ,but the boss give me the task:

Our company is given free VPS from the big boss, when  i open it, the welcome page is this 
Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page

I google a and then try instal whm and cpanel there. But in the middle process, then warning is this :
"The system detected an unsupported distribution. cPanel & WHM only supports CentOS 6 and 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 6 and 7, and CloudLinux™ 6 and 7."

Is it true that since our VPS is using Ubuntu, so i cant intall WHM and Cpanel there?

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020, 08:54 AM by dave friend.)

(02-27-2020, 01:42 AM)kelapamuda Wrote: Hello, 
Is it true that since our VPS is using Ubuntu, so i cant intall WHM and Cpanel there?

True, you cannot according to this page.

Are you trying to set up a shared-server system to use as a web hosting service?

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 08:32 AM by jreklund.)

The only reliable option you would have at the moment is to change the operating system of the server to be one of the supported ones or to set up a seperate server for cPanel.

Alternatively, you could use an alternative panel such as Plesk or DirectAdmin, as I believe these do support Ubuntu.
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 10:50 PM by Sandr6a.)

The main solid alternative you would have right now is to change the working arrangement of the server to be one of the upheld ones or to set up a seperate server for cPanel dqfanfeedback.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB