Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help needed for CI v3
Star 

As you all know, we are a community ran by volunteers. Our intent has always been to keep version 3 going for a while, but that takes people and time. narf has relentlessly maintained the project for around 6 years, at least a couple of them almost by himself. Huge props to him. Over the last year or so his available time seems to have diminished. I don't know if it's pandemic-related or not, but he hasn't been active in the repo for a while now.

I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to step in and help keep CI3 alive, by reviewing pull requests, addressing issues, and helping write code where needed.

Any one want to help out? We could really use the help there.

Are you able to reach out to Narf?
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

I am going to try digging around for an email address tonight. Even if he's still around, we need more bodies to keep it active and moving forward.

I've been a fun of CodeIgniter for quite some time. I used to read issues on Github and Narf has done well, but his response to others sounded he was not ready to accept people's complain. So I decided to extend CI3 on my own for my personal projects. I did not fork it though.

I think I can volunteer because I use CI3 (which is extended) a lot even though I'm trying hard to start with CI4. I will need some guidelines since I've not officially contributed to a real open source project before.

And thanks a lot for your contributions too. Bonfire is a great tool and also being a lead of such a great framework (CI4) I know can be very stressful.

So I'm ready here.

(06-25-2020, 06:54 AM)kilishan Wrote: As you all know, we are a community ran by volunteers. Our intent has always been to keep version 3 going for a while, but that takes people and time. narf has relentlessly maintained the project for around 6 years, at least a couple of them almost by himself. Huge props to him. Over the last year or so his available time seems to have diminished. I don't know if it's pandemic-related or not, but he hasn't been active in the repo for a while now.

I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to step in and help keep CI3 alive, by reviewing pull requests, addressing issues, and helping write code where needed.

Any one want to help out? We could really use the help there.

Hi,

I am a PHP developer, University Lecturer (I use PHP and CI3 in my teaching), and I have recently redone my whole personal website using CI3 (https://www.bdtheque.com/). As such, I would be willing to help, as I have a lot of love for the framework.

However, although I know git, I have no experience of contributing to an open source project. So I might need a bit of help getting started.

Anyway, I thought I would offer... don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) or find me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/alix.bergeret/)

Cheers Smile

Alix

Can contact with https://www.vanwijheweb.nl/codeigniter_u...ading.html

Learning CI4 from my works, from errors and how to fix bugs in the community

Love CI & Thanks CI Teams

I've built a few projects with CI3.  I'm not sure I know the inner workings of the framework well enough to contribute, but I'd love to see version 3 maintained for some time to come if possible.

Hey everyone - thanks so much! Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back to this. My last week or so has been way too crazy and left me too little free time to do anything.

As a first step, please start taking a look at existing issues and getting your feet wet by commenting on them, creating PR's, etc, to help fix. Once I see a good amount of responsible involvement there, I'll give you more control over it. Ping me with any other questions! Thanks!

And also - let me know what your Github usernames are, either here or in a PM, please. Smile

(07-06-2020, 07:12 AM)kilishan Wrote: And also - let me know what your Github usernames are, either here or in a PM, please. Smile

Hi Smile

My GitHub username is alixbergeret

I have just commented #5809 (nothing groundbreaking).

Should I focus on issues allocated to milestone 3.2.0?
What is the best way for us to chat?

Cheers Smile

Alix

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB