Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Autoloading Classes

What is the best way to autoload custom classes from the libraries folder? I remember in CI3 you simply submitted an array of them in the config/autoload.php file. I looked this up in the docs, and saw $classmap, but it doesn't seem to work. The docs suggest using:

'ClassName' => APPPATH . 'Libraries/ClassName.php' 

but that doesn't work. My custom libraries are namespaced App\Libraries and I don't want to keep repeating use statements in my controllers, because I have like 25 libraries I use in every controller. What is the new best practice fr this in CL4?

(01-26-2021, 07:16 PM)grundskull Wrote: What is the best way to autoload custom classes from the libraries folder? I remember in CI3 you simply submitted an array of them in the config/autoload.php file. I looked this up in the docs, and saw $classmap, but it doesn't seem to work. The docs suggest using:

'ClassName' => APPPATH . 'Libraries/ClassName.php' 

but that doesn't work. My custom libraries are namespaced App\Libraries and I don't want to keep repeating use statements in my controllers, because I have like 25 libraries I use in every controller. What is the new best practice fr this in CL4?

Define the libraries in the base controller constructor. And inherit other controllers from it.

libraries ?? I'm scared )

I' am also scared, 25 classes needs refactoring.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB