Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
fsockopen(): unable to connect to remote server ip

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021, 04:59 PM by waraywarayako.)

Good Day,

I am working with Online Games Frontend Template. werein I am fetching data from GAMES REMOTE server. I am able to connect to the remote server MSSQL Database but the fsockopen() does not work and I already allowed the Web Hosting IP to our Server Inbound connection. Please see codes below

PHP Code:
function getServerConnection($ip$port) {

$sockres = @fsockopen($ip$port$errno$errstr0.01);
        if (!
$sockres) {
            return 
'<b class="text-danger">OFFLINE</b>';
        } else {
            @
fclose($sockres);
            return 
'<b class="text-success">ONLINE</b>';
        }
    } 

when I var_dump the ($sockres) this was the result
Quote:A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 192.168.1.1:80 (Connection timed out) - JUST DUMMY IP. IT HAS A REAL REMOTE IP
Filename: helpers/myhelper_helper.php

bool(false) int(110) string(20) "Connection timed out"

I`ve search a lot on the internet but we have different error, their is for send Emails while mine is only to check if the Server is ONLINE or OFFLINE

NOTE: This is working on a local PC, but if it for my webhosting to remote game server it won`t work except for fetching data from remote server MSSQL database.

In your php.ini, is allow_url_fopen = On ?

CodeIgniter Wizard (CRUD code generator for Mac) instantly scaffolds Bootstrap-based web applications with an administrative interface (admin templates include Bootstrap5)

allow_url_fopen was already enabled.

(02-13-2021, 02:24 PM)waraywarayako Wrote: Good Day,

I am working with Online Games Frontend Template. werein I am fetching data from GAMES REMOTE server. I am able to connect to the remote server MSSQL Database but the fsockopen() does not work and I already allowed the Web Hosting IP to our Server Inbound connection. Please see codes below

PHP Code:
function getServerConnection($ip$port) {

$sockres = @fsockopen($ip$port$errno$errstr0.01);
        if (!
$sockres) {
            return 
'<b class="text-danger">OFFLINE</b>';
        } else {
            @
fclose($sockres);
            return 
'<b class="text-success">ONLINE</b>';
        }
    } 

when I var_dump the ($sockres) this was the result
Quote:A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 192.168.1.1:80 (Connection timed out) - JUST DUMMY IP. IT HAS A REAL REMOTE IP
Filename: helpers/myhelper_helper.php

bool(false) int(110) string(20) "Connection timed out"

I`ve search a lot on the internet but we have different error, their is for send Emails while mine is only to check if the Server is ONLINE or OFFLINE

NOTE: This is working on a local PC, but if it for my webhosting to remote game server it won`t work except for fetching data from remote server MSSQL database.
An incomprehensible situation, it is interesting to know the solution to the problem.

Use pusher service
I tested work very wellllllll
https://pusher.com/
Enlightenment  Is  Freedom

I have a similar problem, and I haven't found a solution yet. You can try checking if the firewall on the remote game server allows incoming connections on the specified port (in this case, port 80). Also, check for any security groups or access control lists (ACLs) that might be blocking the connection. Also, make sure that the $ip parameter in your fsockopen function contains the correct IP address or hostname of the remote game server. If it's a hostname, ensure that DNS resolution is working correctly on your web hosting server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB