$tag = $this->tag->new_record();
$tag->name = 'Blah';
$tag->save();

$post = $this->post->find(2);
$tag = $this->tag->find_by('name', 'Blah');

$post->add_relationship($tag);

What am I doing wrong?

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Whoops, I forgot the double underscore before the instance property (had started to move some methods from MPTtree ORM to IgnitedRecord, so I guess I forgot them (MPTtree uses only instance, without underscores)).

Updated the errata.

Thanks!

[eluser]Andre83[/eluser]
Thanks for the fix, m4rw3r; for some reason the following is not working though.

Code:
$post->add_relationship($tag);

I would expect it to create a new record in the posts_tags table, but it doesn't.

Edit: sorry, my fault, all's working wonderfully now Big Grin

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Have you defined a has and belongs to many relationship between the two models (it is needed at least for the object where you are calling add_relationship())?
Because it is working fine for me...

Code:
// here is the relationship needed, because you establish a relation from a child record of this class
class post extends IgnitedRecord{
    var $__has_and_belongs_to_many = 'tags';
    function post(){
        parent::IgnitedRecord();
    }
}
// not needed here, but if you want to call $tag_rec->add_relationship($post_rec); you have to define the relation in here
class tag extends IgnitedRecord{
    var $__has_and_belongs_to_many = 'posts';
    function tag(){
    }
}
Or have you forgotten the double underscores prefixing the properties?

EDIT: Didn't see that you cleared that up

[eluser]Andre83[/eluser]
Okay I've got another problem for you to solve Tongue

I'm trying to delete a record from the database, and see if also the corresponding relationships are deleted too, so I write this:

Code:
$post = $this->post->find(2);
$post->delete();

I get this error:

Filename: models/ignitedrecord.php
Line Number: 933

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Could you post your derived class?
Because everything works fine for me (the delete() method loops all relations and deletes them, so it is something with the relation properties).

[eluser]Andre83[/eluser]
Code:
class Post extends IgnitedRecord {

var $__has_and_belongs_to_many = 'tags';

function Post()
    {

}

}

Nothing more than this...

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Ok, this problem arises when a record which hasn't loaded any relations is being deleted.
The __relation_properties in the IgnitedRecord_record class must be set to array() in the declaration.

Updating the errata.

Anyway, please give me more feedback (not only error reports, but error reports are fine I guess (then I have something to do, and I know that I've not wasted my time Tongue))!

[eluser]Chris Newton[/eluser]
Just FYI, I've had to move on from attempting to use this at the moment, so I won't be posting any additional comments at least for the near future. It shows promise, so I'll probably take a look again in a few weeks. Thanks for the efforts thusfar.

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
IgnitedRecord have now been updated to 0.1.0 RC 4

I have now made some changes on how the more "advanced" relations (not using all defaults) are defined:
previous:
Code:
var $has_one = array('tablename' => array('name' => 'relationname', 'col' => 'foreign_key'),
                     'tablename2' => array('name' => 'rel2')
                    );
the new way:
Code:
var $has_one = array(array('table' => 'tablename', 'name' => 'relationname', 'col' => 'foreign_key'),
                     array('table' => 'tablename', 'name' => 'another_to_same')
                    );
Personally I think the new version is more descriptive, and it adds a new feature: Now you can relate to the same table with different relationnames using the same relation type.
Example:
Code:
class thread extends IgnitedRecord{
    var $has_many = array(array('table' => 'posts', 'col' => 'thread_id'),
                          array('table' => 'posts', 'col' => 'thread_id_comment', 'name' => 'comments')
                         );
}
In the model above, we have both comments and posts stored in the same table. If a post is only a comment, it has only the thread_id_comment set, if it is a post it has thread_id set, and if it is both it has both set.

Some bugs have been corrected and loading of relations now logs a warning if no relation with that name was found.
I've also added calls to show_error() in the __call() methods if no method is found.

I'm currently playing around with JOINs and aliases, and if somebody wants to help I'd be grateful. It seems like IgnitedRecord would loose a lot of flexibility when fetching objects if I implement the JOINs like my current experimentations suggests, so I will probably make join variants of most of the existing methods for fetching data.
If anyone have a suggestion on how to implement JOINs, please share.

Thanks for your feedback!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB