Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Building an events cms

I have an event website, but the code is really crappy. (didn't build it myself) I want to rebuild the site entirely, I became very excited about codeigniter. At the moment I'm in doubt if codeigniter is the right choice. It looks like ellislab killed the community. My problem is that I have only 4 days of php coding experience.(some knowledge of visual Basic and that's itBig Grin) I was looking into laravel as an alternative, only because of the active community.
My question is quite simple which php framework should I use to build my website.

Considering you have 4 days of php coding experience, it would be better to try CodeIgniter. But... only 4 days?

(01-21-2015, 05:35 PM)Kabouter Wrote: I have an event website, but the code is really crappy. (didn't build it myself) I want to rebuild the site entirely, I became very excited about codeigniter. At the moment I'm in doubt if codeigniter is the right choice. It looks like ellislab killed the community. My problem is that I have only 4 days of php coding experience.(some knowledge of visual Basic and that's itBig Grin) I was looking into laravel as an alternative, only because of the active community.
My question is quite simple which php framework should I use to build my website.

Hello drawf, I'm sure if this is the place to ask about other frameworks? Anyway, 4 days PHP is well.. only 4 days. CodeIgniter is an excellent, lightweight and very easy to learn framework, I've been using it for 2 years and love it.

I would say .. download the framworks you like and try to install and make an simple hello world. Then use the one, that gets you the best start for you skills ;o)

4 days... definitely CodeIgniter.

(01-21-2015, 05:35 PM)Kabouter Wrote: I have an event website, but the code is really crappy. (didn't build it myself) I want to rebuild the site entirely, I became very excited about codeigniter. At the moment I'm in doubt if codeigniter is the right choice. It looks like ellislab killed the community. My problem is that I have only 4 days of php coding experience.(some knowledge of visual Basic and that's itBig Grin) I was looking into laravel as an alternative, only because of the active community.

i used joomla to create many simple websites and then go to use its framework, it is powerful ( yaaa) , anyway in past 5-6 day i downloaded my tutorials and videocasts for codigniter (also laravel ,yii , ...)
other frameworks (be sure) have many goodies but codeigniter (for me) : * is light and does not any complex config. * you can start creating controllers, views , and develop speedy Smile * have many nice libraries and have many third party libraries, * and it is very well docmented

i like it, check out CI and lara, good luck,
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

I chose CI. Still working on my site. it's the most easiest framework and the documentation is great. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB