CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Repeating controller in url...duplicate content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On publishing my site, I was trying to build a sitemap to submit to google, however I noticed it was indexing several thousand pages, when my site only actually has around 50 pages.

I have a single controller for the site and it appears to be chaining in the url and going on continuosly....

For example I have a page called mydomain.com/site/categories, however aswell as this, mydomain.com/site/site/categories is being indexed and then mydomain.com/site/site/site/categories and as you can imagine this continues and gives me a serious case of duplicate content.

Does anyone have a solution to this? It is a pretty annoying issue that I feel I have to solve before getting stuck into SEO.

Thank you!
I think this could be a problem with your url structure it comes also in pagination if you're path isnt relative with a beginning /.
(02-10-2015, 06:40 AM)Rufnex Wrote: [ -> ]I think this could be a problem with your url structure it comes also in pagination if you're path isnt relative with a beginning /.

Hi, iv used "site/categories" for example to link to pages within the site, because the base_url ends with a /.
Can you give us a link to the working site?
Sent in PM, as its an adult site... hope no one minds
You have to allow private messaging to answer you.
yes that would help. Just done, thanks
(02-10-2015, 08:23 AM)rdarby Wrote: [ -> ]yes that would help. Just done, thanks

Have the same issue....

How did you fix it?????
It depends on your problem .. please describe your issue in own words.