CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Why moderate questions and replies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if a forum such as this really calls for moderation of questions and answers. Like me many of you may be posting questions in need of a prompt response. It is so annoying to wait for the replies or questions to be displayed/accepted in the forum. I think the +Rate and Report feature is enough for a user to get the idea if his or her replies or questions are appreciated by other users. If there is a Report on a post then it is recommendable for a moderator to take whatever action is necessary according the forum rules/guidelines. Moderation is understandable if the forum deals with social/political or highly sensitive matters. This is a forum for codeigniter! I don't think any sensitive matter will be discussed here which will hurt anybody's sentiments or cause an uproar somewhere someplace else in this planet!
How quickly one forgets the last year the forum was hosted at EllisLab, when there were often more spam posts than legit ones! I do not want to see that happen here, and moderation has proved effective, albeit an inconvenience for newly registered members.
Well, you realize moderation is just temporary? Once you've posted a few times and it's clear you're not a spammer, then you can post without any moderation at all.
(05-14-2015, 10:14 AM)RobertSF Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you realize moderation is just temporary? Once you've posted a few times and it's clear you're not a spammer, then you can post without any moderation at all.

Thanks for the clarification RobertSF, I had no idea about the moderation being temporary.
It is not normal that an admin gives an answer like that and that it takes a regular user to answer correctly and precisely.

Yes, we want to keep spammers away, but we also need to be very welcoming to new members...