CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Template Engine Based On CI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think our lovely framework need base pengine. Its not like library u can plug and unplug.
Its like Blade(Blade Format) on laravel or Smarty On Cakephp (TPL Format).  Big Grin
i think it would be very cool feature, and minimizing php code inside view files.  Smile

How about my opinion?
Huh
(07-05-2015, 08:09 AM)paysalkharis Wrote: [ -> ]I think our lovely framework need base pengine. Its not like library u can plug and unplug.
Its like Blade(Blade Format) on laravel or Smarty On Cakephp (TPL Format).  Big Grin
i think it would be very cool feature, and minimizing php code inside view files.  Smile

How about my opinion?
Huh

I also like template engines, but I wouldn't agree building one into the core. E.g. some people like Smarty - they can use it in CI as a library. Some people hate them (and I understand their point, too), they want to keep coding php in ther views, and you have to let them do so.
Fuelphp has not default template engin but support many engins built in , i wish codeigniter take such way, add some support for template engines (i like mustache) and make it is to use them in application.
Codeigniter does has its own parsing library.
http://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/li...arser.html
But as they say, they have kept it lean on purpose to maintain high performance.