CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: [split] Auto library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We also need a built in Auto Library.
Can you be just a little more descriptive? Smile
I believe he wanted to write 'Auth' instead of 'Auto' ... and we've beaten that topic to death already.
when someone suggest that, it's obvious his new.
yes absolutely we want this. Smile
(09-28-2015, 07:06 AM)Vimal Wrote: [ -> ]yes absolutely we want this. Smile

Yes, and you absolutely won't get it. Smile

Because reasons. It has been discussed a thousand times already ... look it up.
Just as a further, real-world, example of why this doesn't work...

Everyone seems to point at other frameworks like Laravel having Auth built-in. I have worked on several projects built in Laravel and not once did the built-in Auth have enough features to truly work. I believe all of those projects went with Sentry instead, and even then it had to be modified for at least one project I was on. And even then, there are security-related aspects of the auth that no popular pre-built Auth package that I've seen attempts to address, like protection from Brute-force attacks, distributed brute force attacks and the like. And while nothing can protect you 100%, there are things that can be done to make your site more secure than these libraries provide.

Short answer - Laravel's claims to having Auth built-in is a marketing ploy at best, since it's too simple to be usable in most real-world projects. Same with some of it's other built-in toys, like Cashier.
(09-28-2015, 07:12 AM)Narf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2015, 07:06 AM)Vimal Wrote: [ -> ]yes absolutely we want this. Smile

Yes, and you absolutely won't get it. Smile

Because reasons. It has been discussed a thousand times already ... look it up.

And If not I can make it Smile
@Vimal
why re-invent the wheel?
just google it and you will findd many auth system.

sometimes people are just lazy googling.
(09-29-2015, 02:22 AM)solidcodes Wrote: [ -> ]@Vimal
why re-invent the wheel?
just google it and you will findd many auth system.

sometimes people are just lazy googling.

Yep. But I already created full stack auth system with multiple option.And I will use this in my next projects.Sometimes you have to reinvent the wheel for learn something new. Smile