CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Page Editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone

I have been using Codeigniter for a while; but I have encountered a certain problem.
When editing my project, changes takes time to take place; I have tried to stop cache and clearing page caches without any success; this highly frustrate me. Someone help me please

Tank you Sad Sad Sad Sad
If you are running a newer version of PHP and have the opcode cache turned on, it seems to keep the opcodes cached for about a minute. Turn off opcode caching in your local environment and that should go back to normal.
Hi Kilishan;

Thank you very-much for your response; my application is hosted in shared hosting; is there ability to turn off opcode cache?

Thanks
Depends on your provider, but probably not. I believe it typically requires some settings in the php.ini file, which is something shared hosting typically doesn't give access to modify for security reasons.

I would suggest developing on a local machine, though, and only uploading to shared hosting afterword, when you're sure things are how you want them. Much better in the long run.
Thank you for your helpful suggestions;
Thank you again Kilishan;

I thanks GOD I have got a solution; in my hosting there was a Varnish cache turned on; the solution was to turn it off for my respective domain containing my codeigniter web application.

enjoy;
(02-01-2016, 04:19 AM)majimazuri21@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you again Kilishan;

I thanks GOD I have got a solution; in my hosting there was a Varnish cache turned on; the solution was to turn it off for my respective domain containing my codeigniter web application.

enjoy;

Glad you found a solution. I didn't even think to mention Varnish, though I should have. I guess I associate that with larger, high-capacity apps, and mentally skip over the idea that they are used by lots of hosting providers.
If the provider has activated APC (on older PHP), see this article: https://kaspars.net/blog/web-development...-apc-cache