CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Installation/Startup Issue with PHP 7 built-in server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

Thanks in advance for any input!

I git-cloned the repo to my development Mac (running Sierra/php 7) and started it using PHP7's built-in webserver like this:

Code:
➜  CodeIgniter4 git:(develop) php -S  localhost:7778 --docroot=/Users/moo/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sites/CodeIgniter4/public
PHP 7.0.5 Development Server started at Tue Jul 26 17:38:09 2016
Listening on http://localhost:7778
Document root is /Users/moo/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sites/CodeIgniter4/public
Press Ctrl-C to quit.

After accessing http://localhost:7778 in the browser, I get these errors:
Code:
[Tue Jul 26 17:38:15 2016] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Config\App' not found in /Users/moo/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sites/CodeIgniter4/public/index.php:237
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
 thrown in /Users/moo/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sites/CodeIgniter4/public/index.php on line 237
[Tue Jul 26 17:38:15 2016] 127.0.0.1:51266 [500]: / - Uncaught Error: Class 'Config\App' not found in /Users/moo/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sites/CodeIgniter4/public/index.php:237
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
 thrown in /Users/moo/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Sites/CodeIgniter4/public/index.php on line 237

Am I making a setup mistake?

Thanks,

Jason
I have the same problem.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Config\App' not found in /Users/HANHAN/Dropbox/玫瑰和绿叶/hd/CodeIgniter4-develop/public/index.php:237 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /Users/HANHAN/Dropbox/玫瑰和绿叶/hd/CodeIgniter4-develop/public/index.php on line 237
Did you set your base_url in ./application/App.php ?
I wonder if it has to do with different characters in the path? Or, in the case of the first example, it's running out Mobile Documents in Library, which may have different restrictions on it. Can you try to run it in your home directory maybe? Ensure there's no spaces, foreign language symbols, etc. If that works, then we have something to start diagnosing.
(08-02-2016, 07:00 PM)kilishan Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it has to do with different characters in the path? Or, in the case of the first example, it's running out Mobile Documents in Library, which may have different restrictions on it. Can you try to run it in your home directory maybe? Ensure there's no spaces, foreign language symbols, etc. If that works, then we have something to start diagnosing.

Thanks a lot! The problem is solved. I have placed the project in the htdocs folder in Mamp on my mac  and I solved the problem. Before I had put the project in a folder with Chinese name in Dropbox . I think the problem was the Chinese characters in the path.
Glad that got it working for you!