CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: File Upload Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am using the file upload class across my application to handle image and PDF uploads.

I wondered, I have set a config file (upload.php) in my main config directory but I'm not sure if this sets globally the configuration for the class? Can anyone advise?

I also want to be able to override the validation messages, is there any guidance on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Regarding the use of an upload.php config file, the documentation says this:
If you prefer not to set preferences using the above method, you can instead put them into a config file. Simply create a new file called upload.php, add the $config array in that file. Then save the file in: config/upload.php and it will be used automatically. You will NOT need to use the $this->upload->initialize() method if you save your preferences in a config file.

To overrride the default error messages, simply copy the file upload_lang.php from the folder system/language/english to application/language/<your language>, and change the messages to what you want.