CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Session Fallback Hook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

A lot of my clients who use my CI software regular get session errors because they use webhosts where the default session_save_path() is not writable, doesn't exist or some other BS. It ends up with the user getting lots of errors when they upload the software.

What I want to do is make a hook which will test their session.save_path value and see if it's writable. if it's not, fallback to using the database driver.

Do you think this is a good idea? Because I have to answer the same question multiple times a day, I figured this would help reduce the amount of these issues these clients get. Especially when all they want to do is get quickly setup.

Looking for any thoughts/comments.

Thanks!
You're REQUIRED to set that manually, the default is a last resort fallback for broken configurations.
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you explain a little bit more?

Are you saying that anyone who uses my CI project should always be setting their session save path in the cofiguration and not to create hooks which could detect faulty session save paths and automatically give them a quick fix option?