CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Video tutorials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys when you watch video tutorials on saying installing Codeigniter or laravel, do you think someone speaking over the video is better than say a text box appearing below?

I want to do a video tutorial but the idea of talking is not really an ideal situation.

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome.
(09-12-2018, 10:47 AM)ignitedcms Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys when you watch video tutorials on saying installing Codeigniter or laravel, do you think someone speaking over the video is better than say a text box appearing below?

I want to do a video tutorial but the idea of talking is not really an  ideal situation.

I hate video tutorials.
I think voice-over is better, you can listen to it on background, for example. But in the end of the day it's what you feel more comfortable with.
(09-12-2018, 12:21 PM)Paradinight Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2018, 10:47 AM)ignitedcms Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys when you watch video tutorials on saying installing Codeigniter or laravel, do you think someone speaking over the video is better than say a text box appearing below?

I want to do a video tutorial but the idea of talking is not really an  ideal situation.

I hate video tutorials.

I think you're missing a trick Wink Especially when you are introducing something that is brand new, nothing beats the wow factor of a video tutorial. Of course, when you are familiar with the basics then you can refer to the documentation. There should be both.

I do agree that talking is better but you always hate the sound of your own voice, isn't that strange haha.

I was thinking some sort of subtitles or even this:

https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/

But it still sounded robotic to my liking.

Hmm, I think I'll experiment.

Thank you for your opinions!