CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: CodeIgniter 4 Vision Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Part of strategizing the project is describing the "vision" that drives development and strategic decisions.
We are sharing that with the community as a "vision board", for your comments and feedback.
Excited to see CodeIgniter modernizing. I used CodeIgniter back in 2006 through to 2010 or so, though I believe I was first exposed to what would become CodeIgniter through Expression Engine in late 2005. Although I've not been making new projects with CI since around 2010-2011 I retain a fondness for CodeIgniter as one of the first PHP frameworks I used heavily.

I actually picked up a legacy project recently that is using CodeIgniter 1.7.2 and I was looking to modernise it and noticed the CodeIgniter 4 alpha while I was browsing the docs.

Regarding the vision for the future development of CodeIgniter, is this an appropriate place to comment on a code feature I think is lacking modernization?
@Alex2005 Feature requests, or something needing modernization, should be raised in the Feature Requests forum (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-29.html).

Good to see you looking at the framework again Smile
Thanks very much for the reply and for the pointer. I will search the Feature Requests forum to see if the feature I am interested in has been discussed previously.