CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: CI4: email and captcha need recommendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everybody. 

Version CI3 includes an email library and Captcha helper. But in the version of the CI4 they are not. What would you recommend using alternative libraries/helpers of third-party solutions in this case? Will email library (from CI3) be ported for version 4? Thanks!
As far as I know, email is a work in progress and will be included in the initial release.

There are about a zillion captcha class examples and demos on the web. A Google search for "php captcha class" returned just short of 15 million results in .58 seconds.
(08-13-2019, 06:54 AM)dave friend Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, email is a work in progress and will be included in the initial release.

There are about a zillion captcha class examples and demos on the web. A Google search for "php captcha class" returned just short of 15 million results in .58 seconds.

Of course, in a google search you can find many variants for captcha classes. But I would like to get community recommendations on what they use captcha's libraries in their projects.
Email will be included in RC1 - a ported version of the CI3 lib. A more flexible one is slated for 4.1.

As for captcha - the one CI3 had was pretty easy to be broken by bots nowadays so it was ripped. I think reCaptcha is the best currently.

CI4 does have a simple honeypot built in, though, that can provide similar protection to CI3's captcha. I hope to expand it on it future releases.
(08-13-2019, 10:41 AM)kilishan Wrote: [ -> ]Email will be included in RC1 - a ported version of the CI3 lib. A more flexible one is slated for 4.1.

As for captcha - the one CI3 had was pretty easy to be broken by bots nowadays so it was ripped. I think reCaptcha is the best currently.

CI4 does have a simple honeypot built in, though, that can provide similar protection to CI3's captcha. I hope to expand it on it future releases.

Thank you for your answer. Where can I see the email library code for version 4?  maybe there is a link to github?
(08-13-2019, 11:16 PM)Avega Soft Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2019, 10:41 AM)kilishan Wrote: [ -> ]Email will be included in RC1 - a ported version of the CI3 lib. A more flexible one is slated for 4.1.

Thank you for your answer. Where can I see the email library code for version 4?  maybe there is a link to github?

The CI4 GitHub has a "feature/email" branch. I'm not sure if there is anything to see there.
(08-14-2019, 06:59 AM)kilishan Wrote: [ -> ]Pull request is here

Thanks for the link