CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Blank page on the web server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I uploaded my project to the web server, Following the security recommendations, I placed the codeigniter 4 files in the server's non-public directory:

Code:
/home/user/project

And in the public directory:

Code:
/home/user/public_html

I left the codeigniter's public archives:

index.php
.htaccess
robots.txt

In the index.php file, I set the path to the codeigniter's root directory:

PHP Code:
$pathsPath FCPATH'../project/app/Config/Paths.php'

After these settings I see a blank page!

What else should I do to make the system work properly?
@PHS,
> What else should I do to make the system work properly?

I would add this line to index.php and ensure it is being called:

file: index.php
Code:
<?php
echo __line__; exit;

// remaining script should not be called
The index and Paths.php file are recognized and are being called!

The subdirectories in the project are with permission 755, and the files with permission 644
Have you tried setting the environment to 'development' and...

./app/Config/Logger.php->public $threshold = 3; // 0..9 (none...all messages)

then check the following which should show progress and where the failure occurrs

./writable/logs/log-2020-04-15.log
These errors are returning:

PHP Code:
<?php defined('SYSTEMPATH') || exit('No direct script access allowed'); ?>

CRITICAL - 2020-04-15 14:13:43 --> ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time
#0 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->errorHandler(2, 'ini_set(): Head...', '/home/user/pr...', 101, Array)
#1 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Session/Handlers/FileHandler.php(101): ini_set('session.save_pa...', '/home/user/pr...')
#2 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Config/Services.php(765): CodeIgniter\Session\Handlers\FileHandler->__construct(Object(Config\App), 'xxx.xxx.xx.xx')
#3 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Config/BaseService.php(123): CodeIgniter\Config\Services::session(Object(Config\App), false)
#4 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Config/Services.php(754): CodeIgniter\Config\BaseService::getSharedInstance('session', NULL)
#5 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Common.php(879): CodeIgniter\Config\Services::session()
#6 /home/user/project/app/Controllers/MainController.php(23): session()
#7 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php(882): App\Controllers\MainController->__construct()
#8 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php(393): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->createController()
#9 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php(306): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->handleRequest(NULL, Object(Config\Cache), false)
#10 /home/user/public_html/index.php(45): CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter->run()
#11 {main}
CRITICAL - 2020-04-15 14:13:43 --> Uncaught ErrorException: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/user/project/app/Config/Events.php:25) in /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Debug/Exceptions.php:161
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->errorHandler(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/home/user/pr...', 161, Array)
#1 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Debug/Exceptions.php(161): header('HTTP/1.1 500 In...', true, 500)
#2 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->exceptionHandler(Object(ErrorException))
#3 {main}
  thrown
#0 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->shutdownHandler()
#1 {main} 
(04-15-2020, 10:29 AM)PHS Wrote: [ -> ]These errors are returning:

PHP Code:
<?php defined('SYSTEMPATH') || exit('No direct script access allowed'); ?>

CRITICAL - 2020-04-15 14:13:43 --> ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time
#0 [internal function]: CodeIgniter\Debug\Exceptions->errorHandler(2, 'ini_set(): Head...', '/home/user/pr...', 101, Array)
#1 /home/user/project/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Session/Handlers/FileHandler.php(101): ini_set('session.save_pa...', '/home/user/pr...') 
Error logs usually look far worse because the errors are cumulative. Clear the first error and the rest disappear.

The very first error concerns something is being written before ini_set();

Search for ini_set(), add the following script and examine what is being written and clear the problem.

Code:
ini_set();
exit; // die; // stop browser execution.

Also note if the error log is deleted it will be regenerated until all errors and warnings are cleared. Far easier to only have a few errors showing.
According to information in the error log, the error is in the file:

PHP Code:
vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Session/Handlers/FileHandler.php(101): ini_set('session.save_pa ...''/home/user/pr...'

I went to the file and found this:

PHP Code:
ini_set('session.save_path'$config->sessionSavePath); 

Problem finding the directory path to save the session.

I did a test and did a clean install of codeigniter 4 and had the same problem!

Can it be VPS server configuration?
Check the `Config/App.php` file - $sessionSavePath is right around line 187 - make sure the defined path actually exists on your server.
There is no problem with the directory path. I checked and they are right.

I still think it is some server configuration, because I installed the clean codeigniter in a subdomain and the same problem also occurs.

The point is, I'm not sure if it's a problem with the server or some codeigniter configuration.
Hi, I came back here because I still couldn't solve this problem.
I reinstalled the codeigniter and reconfigured the settings, but I still get a blank page that can be viewed here:

I created a subdomain where I placed index.php. The files remain outside the public_html directory.
I am not receiving error logs. I configured Logger.php to show me all system messages:

PHP Code:
public $ threshold 9

But I get just that:

Code:
INFO - 2020-04-21 16:39:58 -> Controller "App\Controllers\Home" loaded.

So, I think it must be some simple configuration I am not finding where to do it.
Pages: 1 2 3