CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: Why is Code Igniter not recommended??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been checking out Code Igniter recently and it seems incredibly easy to get an idea going very quickly with little work.
I have primarily been learning Symfony and haven't looked at Code Igniter mainly because there seemed to be a mass consensus that something like Laravel/Symfony etc would be better but I decided to checkout it again and was pleased with the experience. Its simplicity is a real plus point for me.
What are the reasons that Code Igniter might not be recommended?appvalley tutuapp tweakbox
Well only because Laravel and Symphony are much larger operations. But as you have already realized CI has much less overhead to deal with.
(01-02-2021, 12:25 AM)FelixCaleb Wrote: [ -> ]I have been checking out Code Igniter recently and it seems incredibly easy to get an idea going very quickly with little work.
I have primarily been learning Symfony and haven't looked at Code Igniter mainly because there seemed to be a mass consensus that something like Laravel/Symfony etc would be better but I decided to checkout it again and was pleased with the experience. Its simplicity is a real plus point for me.
What are the reasons that Code Igniter might not be recommended?
Well as the saying goes. "If the only tool you've is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail". People get religiously devoted to frameworks and they will do everything with it, even projects that can be done well with other frameworks. Look closely at the CI philosophy. "It's a lightweight framework". Where can you best use it? When creating projects to deploy on shared hosting environments. That's why WordPress is so popular with freelancers and web hosting companies. Laravel & Symfony are best deployed on dedicated cloud instances. Myself am a Laravel developer and I've deployed projects on Digital Ocean, Linode & AWS but last week as I was wondering what to use for a project to be used in shared hosting(I don't want to write vanilla PHP anymore & I'm not so familiar with WordPress to create a plugin). I checked CodeIgniter and I'm impressed by version 4. I maybe spinning an opensource project soon. My target is small businesses and freelancers utilizing constrained bandwidths and hosting space.
Thanks for the information on this. I really enjoy the information. google