CodeIgniter Forums

Full Version: how to create login using code igniter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

El Forum

[eluser]nencor[/eluser]
i got 2 textboxes and 1 button, those are username and password, and submit button.

how do i get the value inside the textbox, and pass them into the model ?

like C#, we can use Textbox1.Text to get the value inside the textbox. how about code igniter ?

and then what should i do then ? about validating not empty, and query to database ?

how about the session, do i really need session ?

thank you Smile

El Forum

El Forum

[eluser]xerobytez[/eluser]
Before trying to use a PHP framework like codeigniter you should try and learn the language its built on which is PHP, it will be nearly impossible to use codeigniter effectively without knowing basic PHP.

El Forum

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
[quote author="xerobytez" date="1348331744"]Before trying to use a PHP framework like codeigniter you should try and learn the language its built on which is PHP, it will be nearly impossible to use codeigniter effectively without knowing basic PHP.[/quote]

Nothing more to add.
And sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for, but I is mandatory to understand the basics of PHP as well as having knowledge in procedural PHP before doing OOP-PHP and then moving to a framework like CI.