Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 10,760
» Latest member: zaidu92
» Forum threads: 67,397
» Forum posts: 421,516

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Failing to connect to dat...
Forum: Installation & Setup
7 hours ago
» Replies: 0   » Views: 35
how to make shorten url i...
Forum: General Help
8 hours ago
» Replies: 4   » Views: 112
Need help related to my c...
8 hours ago
» Replies: 31   » Views: 1,569
Upload multiple files
Forum: Libraries & Helpers
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3   » Views: 195
Javascript/Html Server si...
Today, 09:26 AM
» Replies: 6   » Views: 129
Upgrading from 2.1.x to 3...
Today, 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3   » Views: 110
How to Count the number o...
Today, 08:48 AM
» Replies: 11   » Views: 233
PHP / jQuery Developer Ne...
Forum: Jobs
Today, 06:41 AM
» Replies: 11   » Views: 5,108
Codeigniter Bundle MMVC
Forum: Addins
Today, 12:20 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 1,095
CodeIgniter 3.1.7 Release...
Forum: News & Discussion
Today, 12:03 AM
» Replies: 28   » Views: 13,266

$_GET variables passed to controller as lowercase
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (7)

[eluser]zapada[/eluser]
If i go to site.com/controller/function/StRiNg, the paramater is fetched as lowercase. Is there any way to have it fetched without making it lowercase? Thanks.

Built on CodeIgniter
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 12:24 PM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (4)

[eluser]Marc Arbour[/eluser]
Hi.

I am wondering if there is a problem with the "Built on CodeIgniter" submit page.

I know a human has to do something, but I am told to come back in a few days... I did submit and waited some 2 weeks.

Anyone knows something?

Regards

set language on the fly in Validation class [SOLVED]
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (5)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'm looking for a way to change the language on the fly like
$this->validation->setLang("de") so that all language-dependent
strings automatically get read from the correct language-file.
I use the following snippet to add error-messages to my form-fields:

Code:
foreach($this->validation as $key => $value) {
  if(!is_object($key) && !is_array($key)) {    
    $this->template->setVar($key, $value);
  }
}
This makes handling err-msgs very convenient.
unfortunately only the default-language's error-strings get parsed into the templates even if i load the appropriate language file via:
$this->lang->load("validation", $this->getSessionVal(LANG));

it seems that the correct errormessages are only available then through
this->lang->line and not
$this->validation which makes the concept of validating a little more complicated.
any hints?

How can I use CodeIgnitor with an index.php4 file?
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 09:19 AM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (9)

[eluser]Todd S[/eluser]
If you want to run CodeIgnitor through an index.php4 file, do you have to change all the other .php files in CI .php4?

I've got a server with PHP5 as the default, but I need to run a CI application that was developed with PHP4, so I'm trying run it through an index.php4 file that works in combination with my .htaccess file.

Code:
AddType application/x-httpd-fastphp .php4
Action application/x-httpd-fastphp /cgi-bin/php-cgi

PHP4 has been compliled and configured correctly. I've tested with other .php4 files with phpinfo().

I tried changing the index.php reference to index.php4 in the config file, but it seems now I'm just going down a path of renaming files as I run into "File not found" warnings. It started with CodeIgnitor.php, then Common.php, then config.php.

Yet another Blog tutorial question
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 08:17 AM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (4)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
hi all,

re. the video tutorial

having searched the forum extensively !, my output consists of 4 lines, literally ______________________

I have 4 records in my entries table.

It seems to be nearly working, but instead of passing the actual posts it is outputting these lines....

CONTROLLER

<?php
class blog extends Controller {

function blog()
{
parent::Controller();
$this->load->database();

}

function index()
{
$data['title'] = "My Blog Hell";
$data['heading'] = "Load of Blog";
$data['query'] = $this->db->get('entries');

$this->load->view('blog_view', $data);
}
}
?>

VIEW:

<html>
<head>
<title><?php echo $title; ?></title>

</head>
<body>
<h1>&lt;?php echo $heading; ?&gt;</h1>

&lt;?php foreach($query->result() as $row): ?&gt;

<h3>&lt;?php $row->title ?&gt;</h3>
<p>&lt;?php $row->body ?&gt;</p>

<hr>

&lt;?php endforeach;?&gt;

&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

any pointers grafully appreciated.

about PDO
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM - Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers - Replies (3)

[eluser]sergitin[/eluser]
hi
do somebody making something to add some PDO libraries to the drivers?
please, if somebody is interesting in this idea, contact me at [email protected]
better in spanish, ok??

Send text and HTML email
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 06:56 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (2)

[eluser]lefrog[/eluser]
Hi there

I am using the email class to send a html email which is working great. The only problem I’m having is with spam filters. As soon as I use an image tag in my html they shelve the email into a spam filter. I’ve tried css background and they get through but the images don’t display in most email clients.

In the email class you can send either a text or html email !!!

Is it possible to send a mixed email of text and html?

Soap call working outside of CI but not inside
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 06:04 AM - Forum: Archived General Discussion - Replies (2)

[eluser]gerrit.undefined[/eluser]
Hi All,

I am working with a webservice and am running into the following:

The command that I need to execute is as follows:
$result=$client->TheCommand($data, $Options, 0)->result;

This works fine in a simple php page but as soon as I put it in a controller and a command the following error message shows up:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: controllers/mycontroller.php
Line Number: 44

Anyone a clue?

Getting the last query's insert_id
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 05:56 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (2)

[eluser]Kemik[/eluser]
Hello all,

I've created a form which allows the user to create a team. When the form is submitted it will create the team, however I also need to insert a second query but this time in to the team_members table.

So,

1. Create team
2. Add user to the team (team_members) table.

How would I get the auto_incremented from the inserted create team query? Would $this->db->insert_id() work or does that only give the next insert_id of the table your about to query?

Thanks.

AJAX, DOM and PHP - passing data around
Posted by: El Forum - 08-15-2007, 05:19 AM - Forum: Archived Development & Programming - Replies (1)

[eluser]obiron2[/eluser]
I am tyring to build a web 2.0 site as proof of concept.

I have found a useful Javascript function that will take a PHP serialized object and convert it intoa Javascript object so that I can play around with it and drop properties into the DOM without messing with XML.

There are also functions available to serialise a Js object.

Lets say that I have a form on screen (i.e. in the DOM) with an indeterminate number of lines in it (lets say that it is a shopping basket order) and I want to be able to dynamically modify form values (e.g. You increase the qty on a line and you now qualify for a discount). Using traditional SUBMIT of the form will force the page to refesh.

What I want to do is every time the user exits a field in the form, submit ALL the form data to PHP so that it can be captured into the database (MySQL), have PHP return the form data as an object (serialised), unserialise it and replace the form with the new data. (speed and environment settings are not necesarily an issue here)

serialising the form object in Js is not an issue, but I don't think I can pass that straight to the ajax call because I don't know how many parameters there will be and the serialised data may contain illegal characters (quotes, slashes, curly braces etc).

I was thinking about taking the serialised data string and encrypting it client-side and then using the encrypted string as a single parameter ('coz it now contains all the object data) and then decrypting it when I get it back to CI so that I can use object notation for the SQL update.

Has anyone ever done this, or can you see any drawbacks - the two I can forsee are speed and then length of the URL.

TIA

Obiron

Theme © 2014 iAndrew