Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
  Calling class functions
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 05:11 AM - Replies (2)

[eluser]edhrx[/eluser]
Hi I am having a problem using a class I created

I have a class with this in it

private function makeselect($tablename, $id, $displayfield, $currentvalue = "",
$useall=""){
Load of code .........
}

which just generates a html select

further down is
public function memsys_selectMembershipTypes($current){
$s = makeselect("membership_types","id", "name", $current) ;
return $s;
}

to use is load the library
and make a call to memsys_selectMembershipTypes("")
e.g. $select = Memsys_display::memsys_selectMembershipTypes("") ;

When I run it I get 'call to undefined function makeselect etc..

I think this is something obvious but can't see the wood for trees

Ed...

CI and PEAR or ZEND
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 04:46 AM - Replies (5)

[eluser]luftikus143[/eluser]
Hi there,

I am totally new to these coding environments. I normally just create the file hierarchy and the needed code of my web sites "by hand". Now, as I want to move to another level of programming, I wonder how the different environments and add-ons play together; or what the differences are...

Can anyone shed a light on that for me? CI versus ZEND environment?

I have really no clue...

Thanks for any hints,

Stef

PS: What does this "You are not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries like PEAR." mean? Large-scale? Monolithic? I was in another thread asking actually how to integrate PEAR with CI? As I want (I explained that in the other thread) to move an exisiting project into a more modular, flexible, opensource like environment (using eventually PEAR libs) , this statement makes me thinking.... and not understanding what CI actually is...

Executing code before the controller?
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 04:45 AM - Replies (2)

[eluser]JasonS[/eluser]
How do I identify the controller/function being executing in a pre-controller hook?

An eCommerce site with CodeIgniter
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 04:25 AM - Replies (3)

[eluser]Leggy[/eluser]
Well a friend of mine asked me to help him with a (possible) future client of ours (i code, he designs). I would be making a general store for special events, etc. From looking through the old site it is mainly gifts. I can currently do everything but the credit cards which i have been reading up on. From what i have read so far, you only charge their credit card once the product has been shipped (not a problem) but it's the charging of credit cards which is the main problem for me. I read somewhere that each card company has its own API which i can download from their site but i've looked through them and found nothing.

I am planning on creating it with CodeIgniter, have any of you guys done any eCommerce like this with or without CI? And if so any advice?

Thanks in advanced,
Henry

Sending variables between 2 functions
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 02:53 AM - Replies (3)

[eluser]luukskywalker[/eluser]
i have a small question

i have 2 functions -> Function_A() and Function B()
and i want to send a variable from function a to function b.
I want something like this(this is just an example):

Code:
Function_a(){

$foo = "1";
  $this->_function_b($foo);
}

Function_b(){
   if($foo){

echo $foo+1;

}else{

$foo = "10";
     echo $foo;
   }
}

is this possible?

mixing URI query and URI Segment
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 02:21 AM - Replies (6)

[eluser]tominku[/eluser]
CI's uri convention is class/function/parameter1/parameter2

but is it possible to use like this?

http://my_site.com/index.php/blog/write/...&memo=blah

but it wasn't work.. i saw "invalid URI" message

in fact, it is inconvenient to just depend on the sequence of parameter like this

URI: blog/write/kang/hi/blah
USAGE:

Code:
class Blog extends Controller{
        function write($name, $subject, $memo){
             ...some db related working.....
        }
    }

InkType Alpha 2008.04.03 (Pluto) Released!
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 02:14 AM - Replies (15)

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
FINALLY!!! I've been trying to get this update out for quite a while now. Balancing a day job, paid work on the side, various open source projects, my wife and two dogs can be a little tricky... hehe. Anyway, here it is! Download InkType by visiting the link in my signature.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS! I need the input. Good, bad, I don't care. If you find bugs, LET ME KNOW! If you have suggestions, LET ME KNOW!

There are a LOT of structural changes to the code with this release. You will need to replace ALL of your files if you have a current InkType installation. Also note that this update will break any custom templates you may have! Please see the new template files (views) regarding the new view / model interaction.

This update includes two SQL files. Use inktype.sql if you do not currently have InkType installed. If you do have InkType installed, use inktype_upgrade.sql. This file includes the differences between the 2008.01.13.3 release and the 2008.04.03.0 release.

ENHANCEMENTS AND NEW FEATURES:

- Upgraded to CodeIgniter 1.6.1
- Posts can now be previewed as they are worked on
- The blog controller no longer passes database information to the templates (views). The views now access data from the database by calling functions with parameters from a newly created library (lib_inktype).
- Templates (views) can now pull the following items from lib_inktype:
--- Blog settings (blog name, description, various other settings)
--- Blogroll
--- Pages
--- Pagination
--- Comments
- The function that loads the views has been moved to lib_inktype
- The function that saves visitor information has been moved to lib_inktype
- Added comment form function to inktype_helper
- Added function inktype_page_link() to inktype_helper
- Began work on user registration with standard registration form
- Removed previous templates
- Added new default template
- Added default_page_id to settings table if main blog page is not to be displayed by default
- Various administration panel enhancements

BUGFIXES:

- Changed the search query to generage WHERE LIKE instead of MATCH AGAINST because CI 1.6.1 backticks the match keyword in $this->db->where("MATCH ...
- Comments now display in proper sort order
- Added ability to enable / disable page from list (icon was there but no functions supported it)
- Corrected bug that disallowed comments from showing as soon as they were posted

Every body please help
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 01:37 AM - Replies (8)

[eluser]pembelajar[/eluser]
At first there was no problem on my CI aplication, but now error with message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/dwiku/public_html/system/libraries/Table.php on line 270

Every body please explain whats wrong with my CI application...

Need a datagrid or help to build a datagrid library.
Posted by: El Forum - 04-03-2008, 12:29 AM - Replies (2)

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
All codeigniter users,
I need to develop a datagrid that shows a sortable, paginated, dynamic table with pictures as well which has mainly two option edit and delete. There should be multiple edits possible and it should also be AJAX based and support things in future. Only a SQL query would be passed and the library should generate a datagrid for the SQL. If anyone has ported PHP datagrid (http://phpbuilder.blogspot.com/) to CI please share the code with me.

Well I think its too much to ask for but I need a library or help to develop a library with all features as above. Rapyd is for old version of CI so its not that useful I guess, if anyone has built such a library please share. I'd like all help from scratch even from building and extending a library in CI as I'm doing it for the first time.

Geshan

Problem with partial views in svn CI 1.6.1
Posted by: El Forum - 04-02-2008, 11:31 PM - Replies (9)

[eluser]James Gifford[/eluser]
This problem exists only in the svn version of CI, not the official 1.6.1 release.

I like to use a partial view system with my projects where I load pieces of a page into a main view "skeleton" file. For example, the view file "post.php" might contain the HTML for one blog post and could be loaded several times with different data to display a full page of posts. This works fine so far as of CI 1.6.1, but a change made to the svn version breaks the technique.

According to the change log, on March 17th the function call on line 708 of Loader.php was changed from include to include_once. Among other things, this prevents partial view files with the same name from being loaded more than once per page.

I know there has been much discussion on this issue in the forums and I also realize my view organization technique is not officially supported in CI (I use a custom view library), but I'd like to report this as a potential bug regardless.

Maybe there is a way to allow the use of include for loading views and include_once for everything else?

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

Latest Threads
Component help
by FlashMaster
13 minutes ago
Show logo in email inbox
by WiParson
1 hour ago
Best way to create micros...
by jean5769
2 hours ago