Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
  append_output()
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 03:10 PM - Replies (4)

[eluser]Ahmed Nuaman[/eluser]
Just upgraded to 1.6 and got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: append_output() in /XXXX/system/libraries/Loader.php on line 739

Any ideas?

Basic Questions
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 03:08 PM - Replies (9)

[eluser]Grant Holmes[/eluser]
Hi gang. Totally new to CI. I found out about it on the PHPFreaks forum. I've searched a bit and read a bit, but would appreciate some direct answers if available.

I've tested two "BIG" CMS packages. They are both so bloated that I can't figure out why somebody thinks they are "simple to use". I'm used to creating my own sites, but now have several clients that "want to edit their own content" and I want something I can learn within this century.

1- I want to be able to have several designs of my own originality (design a new layout, or easily convert an existing site, even).

Within a site, I may want several "templates" (read: different designs)
2- I want a log-in page where the client brings up a page, can only see the (let's say text and maybe image) content, but no part of the rest of the page and edit the text.

3- When they save the file, it updates a MySQL DB, and the page, when refreshed shows that content.

4- The client could create a new page, choose which nav menu to have it show up in and then do the same as 2&3;above.

5- I could have a javascript menu that is fed from the MySQL DB.
6- Use basic PHP things like includes and populate certain pages from MySQL tables .
7- Use CSS across the site.

I have more, but these are the basics. Am in the right place to start? Can all this be done somewhat easily? From what I've read, I think so, but I need to know.

And if I totally missed these answers somewhere, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks all.

XMLRPC ...help!!!
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 03:03 PM - Replies (2)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Greetings to all ...
I have worked a few days ago with the library xmlrpc and so far had no problems until I started working with https. I wonder if anyone has had this problem (if one exists) or if I am doing something wrong.

In the index of my server I added the following to validate the protocol:

function index()
{
if(!isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']))
exit();

And in my client

function index()
{
$this->load->helper('url');
$server_url = site_url('https://mysite.cl/eposbind/eposbind/');

$this->load->library('xmlrpc');
$this->xmlrpc->server($server_url, 443);
$this->xmlrpc->method('mi_metodo');

I hope that you can help me..THX

d-_-b
< | >
_/ \_ Greetings again.

Date Helper - Site with user specified timezones
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 02:29 PM - Replies (10)

[eluser]section31[/eluser]
When developing a site where people can set their local timezones...What is the most efficient way to manage something like this?

I'm perplexed at how I would ever manage something that will completely be independent of the server's time.

I was thinking about using the Date Helper and store all timestamps as GMT, but how would I go about creating the gmt timestamp for their specified tmezone and converting it back. I don't think the date helper was ever intended to work with times like this, am I right?

Can someone enlighten me and explain to me how I should go about accomplishing this.

NOTE: I've posted a similar post on several other php forums in the past and nobody seems to be able to answer me. Surely there are some people out there that create websites that allow users to specify their own timezone.

jQuery Delete Confirmation
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 01:11 PM - Replies (13)

[eluser]Kemik[/eluser]
Hello,

I have a user list and want to create a pop-up asking the admin to confirm if they want to delete the user when they click on a link.

It seems jQuery is a popular Javascript library so I'm looking for something based on that. I've looked around google and the jQuery site for some sample code but haven't had much luck.

If anyone knows any good resources I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

URI problem with CI 1.6.0
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 01:09 PM - Replies (5)

[eluser]ppiirto[/eluser]
I downloaded the brand new CI 1.6.0, read the updating instructions, and updated my unfinished CI 1.5.4 project to new CI 1.6.0.

For some reason I’m getting this error after update:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php

Line Number: 224

I’m still so n00b with CI, that I don’t know how to fix this. Could somebody help, please?

Migrating your App to 1.6
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 01:06 PM - Replies (7)

[eluser]kevinprince[/eluser]
Just thought id start a post for people to chat about migrating there apps to 1.6, im going to be doing mine later tonight. Hopefully without to much trouble!

Novice question about Output class
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 01:04 PM - Replies (1)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

I am a novice in CI and i have questions about some solutions, the first is:

I have a function like this in my controller:

Code:
function testAjax()
{
    $this->output->set_header('Content-type: text/xml');
    $this->output->set_output('&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?&gt;<root>content</root>';
}

but i know i can do somethink like that:
Code:
function testAjax()
{
    header('Content-type: text/xml');
    echo '&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?&gt;<root>content</root>';
}

the second solution use only php core functions.

Do you agree that the second solution is better (faster, portable)?
Is there any motive to use first solution?

EzAuth 0.6 - The Easiest User Management System for CI
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 12:40 PM - Replies (41)

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
Hi everyone. I am releasing EzAuth 0.6 today. As you may know, EzAuth uses "access keys" for different sections or controllers of your website. If you have a message board, blog, and online store on your website, for example, you can give users a different key for each one of those programs.

Or, you can use one key for your entire website. EzAuth is the simplest authorization and user management system for CodeIgniter. Try it out!

EzAuth 0.6 is packed with new functionality, such as:

- Automatic login via cookie (can be used with a "remember me" checkbox on a login form.) Extremely simple to implement! Only two methods need to be called.
- You can give users multiple keys when registering.
- Users with unverified e-mail addresses are saved in a "pending verification" state. You can perform regular clean up of unused accounts using the cleanup function in EzAuth.
- Generate access keys to certain areas of your website on the fly or after a user meets a certain requirement, for example purchasing a membership.
- Numerous bug fixes and better security
- And More!

EzAuth's user database table does not restrict you from adding your own columns to store additional user data. Any information you create when a user signs up will be automatically retrieved by EzAuth when the user logs in. No extra programming or database tables necessary!

You will need to sign up (for free) in order to download EzAuth 0.6. We just want to keep track of who is downloading our stuff!

Read the user guide for a simple overview: http://bizwidgets.biz/user_guide/ezauth.htm
Download now: http://bizwidgets.biz/solutions/ezauth/
Use the online demo: http://bizwidgets.biz/demos/ezauth/mystore/

Call to undefined function get_instance
Posted by: El Forum - 01-31-2008, 11:13 AM - Replies (2)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I set the global_xss_filtering to TRUE in my config.php

and now I get the following error:

Code:
Call to undefined function get_instance() in /libraries/Input.php line 855

If I turn set the filtering to FALSE, my test app works. Basically its just the blog from the video tutorial.

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

Latest Threads
How to use Codeigniter wi...
by sr13579
1 hour ago
Getting supportedLocales ...
by kcs
6 hours ago
Codeigniter Shield Bannin...
by xsPurX
7 hours ago