Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Forbidden to acces CI/application

Hi,

I'm a student and I'm very new to Codeigniter and PHP. I have to make an application with my fellow students using Codeigniter. Every time I pull their work out of Github and try to acces our CI/application I get a message which says:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /RestoVation/CI/application on this server."

How can I fix this? My apologies for the, probably, stupid question.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You're not supposed to be able to directly call something from the /application or /system dirs via the url. Why do you need to? Everything goes through index.php which loads the appropriate controllers (indirectly - "application" is NEVER in the url).

(04-23-2015, 08:04 AM)CroNiX Wrote: You're not supposed to be able to directly call something from the /application or /system dirs via the url. Why do you need to? Everything goes through index.php which loads the appropriate controllers (indirectly - "application" is NEVER in the url).

When I open /RestoVation/CI, I get:

"404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found."

although I pulled all of our files from Github

You have to open your webroot. Look in your /application/controller folder. You can call the controller by the name in the url and the methods as second part of the url. e.g. you have a file called welcome.php with an method hello inside you can access it like

/welcome/hello
/welcome/index

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB