Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community-Auth abnormal logout?

When login successfully after few minutes.
It will auto logout.
What would be the culprit?

Thanks in advance.

It's pretty much impossible to help you because you have not provided any code samples, or specified if all you are doing is using the Examples controller. Your specific session configuration would be helpful, and also what kind of customizations you have done to settings in config/authentication.php. Are you getting logged out at exactly the time interval of session regeneration, and are you using the most up to date version of Community Auth? I'm certainly willing to help, but I'm going to need some more information.

Hi, skunkbad.
I pressed the download link here.
http://community-auth.com/

So what version is it? 3.0 or 3.1 ?
How do I know what version the file I just downloaded.

Also can I install Community-Auth under COMPOSER ?

thanks in asdvance.

code snippets please
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(05-27-2016, 10:43 AM)iridion2015 Wrote: Hi, skunkbad.
I pressed the download link here.
http://community-auth.com/

So what version is it? 3.0  or 3.1 ?
How do I know what version the file I just downloaded.

Also can I install Community-Auth under COMPOSER ?

thanks in asdvance.

Yeah, the download link always downloads the current stable version. If you downloaded in the last few days, it will be 3.1.

No, Community Auth is not a composer package.

@skunkbad

I wish someday it will be a composer package for easy installation.
Just type one line command in CLI and BOOM!!! Community-Auth is installed!
The same with updating just one line command in CLI.

thanks for your reply.

(05-27-2016, 04:07 PM)iridion2015 Wrote: @skunkbad

I wish someday it will be a composer package for easy installation.
Just type one line command in CLI and BOOM!!! Community-Auth is installed!
The same with updating just one line command in CLI.

thanks for your reply.

I have a lot of experience with Composer, and making Composer packages. I won't say it will never happen, but it's not even on the long list of things to do.

@skunkbad

thanks for your reply.

By the way while I'm trying to install the latest version.
I stumbled this part below,

Code:
14 Enable hooks and make sure there is an encryption key set in config/config.php. Community Auth provides a Key_creator controller for an easy way to set a valid encryption key. A 128 bit encryption key is recommended.

What do you mean by 128 bit encryption key?
Are you referring to 128 characters long encryption key?
How do I know it's 128 bit?
Kindly clarify, please.

thanks.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 11:24 PM by skunkbad.)

Take a look at the Key_creator controller. If you haven't already applied an encryption key, you will be able to access it by going to /key_creator.

If you are on a server where PHP is at least 5.5, it's not important which cipher you choose, because Community Auth only needs you to choose a 128 bit cipher if you are using PHP less than 5.5.

128 bit is not 128 characters. If you read the documentation for CodeIgniter sessions, you will see the encryption key requirements. The Key_creator controller helps you create a valid encryption key.

When I run /key_creator and choose Blowfish 128 bit, it puts something like this on the screen:

Code:
// Blowfish (128 bit)
$config['encryption_key'] = hex2bin('db55995cd3ff572c857d03fd96ab4f5f');

You just copy and paste this to your config file, replacing the existing encryption key. Many people who do not read the documentation will not set the encryption key properly, but you should, because now you know how to.

Also, in the code above, db55995cd3ff572c857d03fd96ab4f5f is not just some random string. This happens to be the hex value after the binary encryption key was run through php's bin2hex function. The binary encryption key was created by CodeIgniter's create_key method of the Encryption library.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2016, 01:02 AM by iridion2015.)

@skunkbad

I'm glad I asked that question.
thank you.

Actually I'm using php 5.6 so I'm exempted?
Do I still need to set the encryption key?
How?

thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB