Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Future Of Codeigniter

Hi

I am new to codeigniter. But i like it very much as it is very simple to set up and use with an excellent online documentation.

However, I am concerned about the future of Codeigniter. I read somewhere on the internet that it is no longer maintained by Ellis Lab. Can someone tell what that means?

Ellislab not being the maintainer of CodeIgniter is a GREAT thing. I won't get into a long winded discussion about the license they wanted to apply to CI 3, but for me it would have meant moving on to another framework. One of the first things BCIT did when they acquired CodeIgniter was change the license, and that was when I knew CodeIgniter had a real future (or at least that I would continue using it).

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 08:36 AM by nealsv.)

At this point CI is the Framework which suites my programming style the most, and used a lot of them, like Zend, Slim, Silex, Phalcon, and Laravel. The best thing about CI is that it's brings structure without getting in the way, or requiring to run some kind of install script. It's just as simple as configuring a few basic settings, setting up a database connection and you're off!

However. There's still a really important feature i've been missing, and that's the inclusion of a solid REST implementation with some security functionality like JWT which is great for mobile authentication.

(06-01-2016, 08:34 AM)nealsv Wrote: At this point CI is the Framework which suites my programming style the most, and used a lot of them, like Zend, Slim, Silex, Phalcon, and Laravel. The best thing about CI is that it's brings structure without getting in the way, or requiring to run some kind of install script. It's just as simple as configuring a few basic settings,  setting up a database connection and you're off!

However. There's still a really important feature i've been missing, and that's the inclusion of a solid REST implementation with some security functionality like JWT which is great for mobile authentication.

REST is a style, a set of principles to follow. You can not have it as a feature, because that's not what it is.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB