Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
custom 404 page

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 09:45 AM by Paul1972UK.)

Hi Im working on a CI site which has an admin folder at the same level as the application folder, We noticed today that the custom 404 page setup in the routes file was giving a status of 200 rather than 404.

Code:
$route['404_override'] = 'error/error404';

so I added 

Code:
$this->output->set_status_header('404'); 

to the controller / method, which seemed to work... but now the admin folder just loads this 404 page? 

How do I get access back to the admin folder please? Is there something I need to setup in the routes, or Have I setup the header status wrong?

Many Thanks Paul

How do you have your controller setup? Do you have your controller named "error" and then function called "error404"? As 200 is a success response....

I have mine setup as a main controller (main.php) with all the default pages (Including error pages)

So controller main.php

PHP Code:
defined('BASEPATH') OR exit('No direct script access allowed');

class 
Main extends CI_Controller {

public function __construct() {

parent::__construct();
    }

public function 
error_404() {

$data['page_name'] = '404 Not Found';

$this->load->view('static/header'$data);

$this->load->view('static/404');

$this->load->view('static/footer');

}

I have more stuff for if user is logged in etc. but this is the basics of it.

(11-30-2016, 01:38 PM)neodite Wrote: How do you have your controller setup? Do you have your controller named "error" and then function called "error404"? As 200 is a success response....

I have mine setup as a main controller (main.php) with all the default pages (Including error pages)

So controller main.php

PHP Code:
defined('BASEPATH') OR exit('No direct script access allowed');

class 
Main extends CI_Controller {

public function __construct() {

parent::__construct();
    }

public function 
error_404() {

$data['page_name'] = '404 Not Found';

$this->load->view('static/header'$data);

$this->load->view('static/404');

$this->load->view('static/footer');

}

I have more stuff for if user is logged in etc. but this is the basics of it.

Hi

yeah the controller is named error with a function named error404

Everything is working except, if you look into google chrome network inspector you will see this page when loaded is not a true 404 status, its a 200 becasue its a page that is being loaded, rather than the default 404 page that is called when a destination cant be found on the server.

SO I added the status 404 to the function and then everything seemed fine, as google was reporting the custom 404 page was indeed a status of 404..

However anything that is not in routes, or is not findable through controller / method is now also being reported as a 404 (as far as i can gather) which means the admin folder which is not part of the CI installation will no longer load its content?

Not sure how to fix this?

Paul

(11-30-2016, 08:13 AM)Paul1972UK Wrote: Hi Im working on a CI site which has an admin folder at the same level as the application folder, We noticed today that the custom 404 page setup in the routes file was giving a status of 200 rather than 404.

Code:
$route['404_override'] = 'error/error404';

so I added 

Code:
$this->output->set_status_header('404'); 

to the controller / method, which seemed to work... but now the admin folder just loads this 404 page? 

How do I get access back to the admin folder please? Is there something I need to setup in the routes, or Have I setup the header status wrong?

Many Thanks Paul

On CI 3 version custom 404 does not work in sub folders place in controllers folder

Code:
$route['404_override'] = 'error404';

application > controllers > Error404.php

Code:
class Error404 extends CI_Controller {...}
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

** UPDATE **

ive removed the 404 override from the routes so it loads the standard 404 error page, and I have the same issue, So its nothing to do with the custom 404 page, its rather how its treating the admin folder?

I think because its outside of Ci3 installation , its classing it as 404 page.. ie.. its not in the routes, or found via controller name/method

Do you have any ideas how to fix this please?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB