Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project hosted

Hello 

I have a project that works perfectly on my computer, then
the same project on a web space hosted in Hostgator doesn't work.

I have an index.html page with a link to the CI Project, go to welcome page and it works,
but doesn't load picture. Then clicking on navbar to other pages i miss all contents.

Always the same message error 404 page not found.

Can somebody say to me where is my error?

Thank You in advance.

Emilio Franco

@emilio,

Is your system on Hostgator configured that same as your system on your computer? Are both systems using Apache web server? Are your permissions correctly set on the hosting server?

(09-07-2018, 08:00 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @emilio,

Is your system on Hostgator configured that same as your system on your computer?  Are both systems using Apache web server? Are your permissions correctly set on the hosting server?

Yes, both are using Apache web server and both are using the same version og CodeIgniter 3.1.9.
Both are configured with the same configuration. 
Don't know why on Hostgator url helper doesn't work and I miss pages.
Mine is a simple project with some Controllers and some Views (None Models and no use of Database), 
and autoload of 'email' and 'url'.
I don't know if probles is about version of PHP (I use 7.1 version) or becouse on Hostgator I am using HTTPS.

Thank You php_rocs

(09-07-2018, 01:38 PM)emilio Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 08:00 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @emilio,

Is your system on Hostgator configured that same as your system on your computer?  Are both systems using Apache web server? Are your permissions correctly set on the hosting server?

Yes, both are using Apache web server and both are using the same version og CodeIgniter 3.1.9.
Both are configured with the same configuration. 
Don't know why on Hostgator url helper doesn't work and I miss pages.
Mine is a simple project with some Controllers and some Views (None Models and no use of Database), 
and autoload of 'email' and 'url'.
I don't know if probles is about version of PHP (I use 7.1 version) or becouse on Hostgator I am using HTTPS.

Thank You php_rocs

Now I have upgraded from 5.6 version to 7.1 version of PHP as on my PC, but it doesn't work anyway.

Windows at home? Windows is case insensitive, Linux is case sensitive. Some people have a problem with this.

(09-07-2018, 07:35 PM)skunkbad Wrote: Windows at home? Windows is case insensitive, Linux is case sensitive. Some people have a problem with this.

Hi, 
I am not using Windows, I am developing on Ubuntu.
Anyway Last night I resolved the problem ...
Registering Demain Name of web-site there was a mistake.
Maybe I filled badly demain name so I configured the hosted project
with the name in my intention I tought I registered.
Configuring with the wrong name (but registered name) it works perfectly.

Thank You at all!
Emilio Franco

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB